Path Forward: Marketing Copywriter
- Los Angeles, CA
The Path Forward Return to Work program at Verizon Digital Media Services is a 16- week paid internship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to women and men who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least two years to focus on caring for a child or other dependent. If you meet these criteria, we welcome you to apply.
At Verizon Digital Media Services, we are excited to be part of the Path Forward program because we appreciate the skills you can offer, the perspective you provide, and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills, update your resume with new experience, and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward, a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce. We bring together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content — so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
The Marketing Copywriter is a creative, yet strategic role. He/she is comfortable writing and editing messaging for every sort of asset there is, with the understanding that he/she is writing purposefully for a specific audience. He/she is constantly asking "why?" and "to whom?" and loves finessing the best combination of words that he/she feels would most effectively capture the intended audience. It’s not about perfectionism; it’s about effectiveness. The Copywriter is always curious, humble, flexible and above all open to creative feedback and suggestions. He/she has a sense of humor and is passionate about marketing, especially digital marketing. Above all, he/she is energized by change and challenges.
● This role will report to the Sr. Content Marketing Manager and will work within the Creative Group under the Creative Director.
● Work with the Marketing Communications Director and the Public Relations Manager to create a copy style guide, keep it updated and ensure accuracy throughout the company and with outside vendors, e.g., freelance designers and writers
● Brainstorm visual and copy ideas with members of the creative team: Content Marketing Manager, Designers, Video Producer, Social Media Specialist
● Write/edit both inbound and outbound campaigns assets: email blasts, landing pages, webpage copy, blogs, tradeshow materials, presentations, case studies, webinars, video scripts, product slicks, digital and print ads – work with all necessary SMes to ensure messaging is accurate
● Work with digital marketing team to optimize SEO, CTAs, overall copy to ensure digital assets are generating a response
● Use an arsenal of words that creatively and effectively convince a very niche audience to convert from a prospect into a lead
● Help to strategize and create drip campaigns targeting both new prospects and upselling to current customers
● Must be experienced with B2B writing; B2C experience is a plus
● Must have client-side writing experience; agency experience is a plus
● Must have technology or finance experience and have an interest in commerce, pop culture, marketing to millennials, new advertising trends and video streaming
● Be highly creative and imaginative
● Have excellent oral, written and interprersonal skills, as well as online research skills
● Must work well in a team and with multiple personalities
● Must have excellent presentation skills and be comfortable expressing concepts and ideas to a wider audience
● Must work well under pressure, have a flexible type of personality and is comfortable hitting daily deadlines
● Must have an eye for detail
● Must be highly organized and task-oriented to manage and deliver projects from concept to execution
● Must respect process, but is comfortable providing constructive feedback/suggestions
● Must be eager to learn new things, a natural, effective multi-tasker who strives to remain a key player
● Must have experience with project management tools (Wrike, eProjects, Basecamp)
● Must be able to work on a Mac
● Experience with Wordpress, marketing automation tools (Pardot, Marketo, Hubspot, Mailchimp) a plus
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: Oath offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.