Technology Coordinator - Global Events Team
- Dulles, VA
AOL is a media technology company with a mission to simplify the Internet for consumers and creators by unleashing the world's best builders of culture and code. As the 4th largest online property in the U.S., with approximately 700 million monthly consumers of its premium brands like Huffington Post, Techcrunch, Engadget and Makers worldwide, AOL is at the center of disruption of how content is being produced, distributed, consumed and monetized by connecting publishers with advertisers on its global programmatic content and advertising platforms. AOL's opportunity lies in shaping the future of the mobile and digitally connected world for decades to come.
The Global Event Technology Coordinator position supports the strategic planning, execution and oversight of AOL Corporate and B2B events, which include tradeshow & conference sponsorships, client entertainment, and internal company events, in alignment with the marketing and sales strategy. This position supports the entire Marketing Team with a focus on Global Event Team Technology. From Project Management of a custom mobile application to managing the shipping of hardware, this role requires a dedicated team player, which can multi-task, is willing to roll up their sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
In this role you’re going to:
• Simultaneously support the entire Global Events Team on multiple projects at any given time. Supporting this team requires extreme patience and meticulous attention to detail. Excellent project management skills are essential to keeping all tasks aligned.
• Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: working with planners on attendee management, data analysis, travel processes, supporting off-site events, shipping & packing all hardware, on-site registration and post-program procedures. This is a fast-paced environment, success depends on hard work and dedication.
• Provide complete asset management functions for the AOL Global Events technology equipment. This includes (but not limited to) conducting routine audits of all gear, prepping, shipping and actively tracking the movement of all events gear.
• Manage and track multiple project deliverables and timelines.
• Support post-event tracking and ROI analysis to help measure the company’s marketing initiatives and to improve future performance.
• Administer all Global Event Related accounts, software/applications, and content for all assets to ensure they are prepped and ready to cover any last minute requests and are customized for each event.
• Provide onsite support or remote assistance to the Global Events Team. This includes full support of the Marketo platform and SFDC as it relates to Events and Marketing functions.
• Energetic, outgoing, extremely well organized, professional and always works with integrity.
• Must be able to work independently and proactively, think quickly, problem-solve, and communicate solutions to team members.
• Appropriately work with all levels in the organizational structure as well as our highest level of clientele.
• Highly dynamic, entrepreneurial, resourceful, detail-minded, organized, capable of working under pressure, and committed to delivering the best possible solutions, all while maintaining a great sense of humor and team collaboration through the process.
• Candidate must be willing and able to move hardware unassisted, prepare event materials and shipping
• 15% + Travel is expected.
You must have:
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
• 1 - 3 years directly related experience in Technology support, experience in Event Management a plus.
• Strong Project Management skills required
• Early Adopter mentality; Consume all internal and external facing AOL tools and O&O content and properties.
• 1 - 3 years Experience providing hands-on and remote hardware troubleshooting
• Working knowledge of Windows and OS X environments
• Customer Service oriented perspective
• Microsoft skills (ppt, word, excel), Proficient in Google docs (all products in the google environment), deep knowledge of iOS, Android, Keynote. Intermediate level Adobe Suite proficiency a plus.
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.