Commerce Creative Specialist, HuffPost
- New York, NY
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, video, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged global community for opinion and conversation. The platform has 100,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects about which they are most passionate. The Huffington Post is committed to covering our core editorial pillars -- news and politics, wellness, and solutions to the world's biggest problems -- and using every available tool and platform, including virtual reality and immersive storytelling, to inform, inspire, entertain and empower. With a global multi-platform audience, The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, Maghreb, Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Greece, India, Australia and the Arab world. The Huffington Post is part of AOL Inc.
We're looking for an enthusiastic, creative thinker to help build The Huffington Post’s editorial commerce team from the ground up. This new team will experiment with platforms, strategies and growth tactics across all HuffPost formats in order to grow our affiliate marketing presence by creating shoppable stories.
The position is goaled against revenue opportunities and is based in New York City. The Commerce Specialist will work closely with both our editorial and business development teams. This person will have 1 to 2 years, minimum, of writing experience in a newsroom setting, and an understanding of and appreciation for internet trends and culture.
The right person for this job will also be a news and entertainment junkie and an avid online consumer.
- Write and build commerce stories that are engaging, entertaining and topical
- Distribute and promote those stories through on-site and social media channels
- Generate fresh ideas every day
- Embrace social media platforms as a way to share and distribute your work
- Remain ready and willing to pivot as we test new ideas and shape this team
- Handle multiple projects at once with varying deadlines
- Be motivated, curious and self-starting
- 1-2 years of writing/editing experience
- Bachelors degree
- Huge appetite for current events and pop culture
- A team player with the ability to think creatively and collaborate regularly
- A thirst for learning the ins and outs of creating content on a daily basis
- A knack for writing engaging, funny pieces about everyday life
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with affiliate link providers a plus!
- Previous experience in product journalism or eCommerce is a plus!
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.