Supply Chain Manager (Procurement & Sourcing)
- Los Angeles, CA
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content — so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
Verizon Digital Media Services is looking for a Manager of Supply Chain & Sourcing that can support a fast growing content delivery engine deploying new infrastructure on a global basis! Here at Verizon Digital Media Services, we power 15% of the Internet and are growing fast.
We are looking for high-energy, driven leaders with sound business acumen, and strong technical aptitude to join our Enterprise Resource Planning team. Ideal candidate should be eager to produce results by demonstrating their ability to be tenacious self-starters every day. You will be responsible for supporting engineering, product, marketing and operations teams by taking a data-driven approach to assessing past business performance with current technology & products being developed to help determine future direction. This person will run a team of people buying everything from production to non-production equipment, software and services, keeping costs down while ensuring deadlines are met as we grow significantly.. Our sourcing and supply chain functions sit within the Technology Operations group, so you will also get exposure to all the fun tech we support around the world.
You will be exposed to various aspects of finance, accounting, negotiations, logistics, supply chain and technology operations. That means we need someone that could wear many hats to drive the business and align goals. Verizon Digital Media Services offers a fast-paced, innovative environment where you will be provided the tools, resources and outstanding leadership to take your career to the next level!
We are looking for a qualified and experience Manager of Sourcing and Supply Chain who can add instant value and help us take our business to the next level as we continue to add more services to our digital media portfolio. The main responsibilities include:
• Manage a fast-paced team of highly qualified supply chain and sourcing specialists and analysts. Justify headcount expansion as needed, hire, train and mentor as needed.
• Sourcing, negotiating, and procuring production and non-production equipment, licenses, software, subscriptions, professional services, consulting/contracting, and office inventory. This includes servers, routers, firewalls switches, optics, power distribution units, cables, and fibers for our production environment. Also include things like databases, portals, systems and platforms as a service, software, and other production services needed to keep our business healthy.
• Inventory and supply chain management, making sure we have the right level of stock to keep projects going, understanding of generational development of hardware and managing transition. We manage warehouses in the US and internationally, with different tools for inventory tracking. These warehouses support international and domestic operations and customers through strong inventory control and lean management.
• Analyze new vendors, new technologies, new services and new tools as we evolve our business and drive down costs.
• Manage current fixed assets and COGS reports, discover any underperforming investments, audit, and assess variances.
• Drive the evolution of equipment as new models and innovations become available, ensuring cost structures improve, operational efficiencies are realized, and customer satisfaction is improved – working with key vendors/partners accordingly, aligning things to our overall business strategy.
• Reporting is a key part of any job, providing visibility, understanding financial impacts and P&L visibility, tracking CapEx and OpEx budgets and reporting on triggers, and managing the long term horizon with short term needs.
• Key responsibilities will also include managing SG&A spend for the entire division including managing budget and spend for various department including Marketing, Sales, IT, Facilities, etc. This will include managing contracts, purchase orders, licenses renewals, invoices and payments.
· BA/BE/BS degree with an emphasis on work of a quantitative nature or equivalent work experience
· 6+ years of relevant supply chain and sourcing experience
· Effective written/verbal communication skills
· Advance level in MS Office programs, specifically MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
· MBA or a graduate degree with emphasis on supply chain, finance, or related quantitative field
· Experience in purchasing, forecasting, vendor management, marketing, inventory control, transportation and warehousing is a plus, especially in a high tech field or industry
· Acute business judgment, with the ability to motivate and collaborate effectively with others to help influence senior leadership
· Experience in managing a team of supply chain analyst
· Knowledge and use of SAP and SRM systems is a plus
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.