Application Support Engineer
- Dulles, VA
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content — so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
As an Application Support Engineer, you will resolve complex application and network problems. You need to have intimate knowledge of the internet and networking protocols along with excellent communication skills, allowing you to perform in-depth troubleshooting of intricate caching and streaming problems directly with customers.
- Troubleshoot server issues and resolve application related errors
- Troubleshoot customer issues and provide resolution
- Manage customer expectations through effective communications
- Manage queue – ensuring that issues are addressed by urgency and in accordance with SLA requirements
- Verify servers prior to initial introduction into production (new servers or POPs)
- Review and approve/reject customer/SE created rules
- Gather customer requirements for customizations
- Implement custom configurations through the rules engine
- Bachelors Degree in CS, MIS or relevant engineering/science fields
- 3+ years experience in technical support, engineering, IT or project management working with Internet technologies
- Extensive experience with Linux operating system
- At least 3 years of prior customer-facing experience
- Possess a full understanding of web environments and architectures along with expert knowledge of HTTP, Flash/WMS, FTP, DNS, and other internet protocols
- Experience with Perl, Python and other scripting languages
- Experience with RTMP, Apple HLS, Adobe HDS, MPEG DASH, Microsoft Smooth Streaming
- Focus on rich media delivery a plus
- Previous experience in a CDN preferred
- English required. Spanish strongly preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.