MBA Summer Associate, Corporate Development and Strategy
- New York, NY
AOL is a media technology company with a mission to simplify the Internet for consumers and creators by unleashing the world's best builders of culture and code. As the 4th largest online property in the U.S., with more than 200 million monthly consumers of its premium brands, AOL is at the center of disruption of how content is being produced, distributed, consumed and monetized by connecting publishers with advertisers on its global, programmatic content and advertising platforms. AOL's opportunity lies in shaping the future of the digitally connected world for decades to come.
An associate in Corporate Development plays a key role in assisting the company to achieve its long-term growth objectives. Areas of involvement include domestic and international mergers and acquisitions, divestitures, joint ventures and special projects. This position requires creative and critical analysis of strategic issues most important to the company.
• Support corporate growth initiatives through analytical, research, and project management duties.
• Perform financial analysis, valuation analysis, strategic analysis, and due diligence.
• Manage the timely completion of transaction-related tasks.
• Enhance, direct and drive strategic thinking into the organization via strategic analysis on those issues most key to AOL.
• Handle special projects as necessary.
- BA/BS in a quantitative discipline with high GPA.
- Currently enrolled in the first year of a top-tier two-year MBA program.
- 1-4 years of significant business experience within a leading investment bank, private equity fund, or corporate development organization.
- Technical knowledge in areas of finance and accounting.
- Extremely strong analytical skills (financial and valuation), research skills, and financial modeling skills.
- Ability to work independently while maintaining the highest standards and attention to detail.
- Ability to be flexible in ambiguous situations and align the interests of multiple stakeholders
- Ability to think creatively.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Team player that exhibits sound judgment.
- Strategic business sense, thinking ability and process skills.
- Internet & Digital Media Industry knowledge a plus.
- Must be able to work flexible hours and travel as needed.
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.