- Dublin, Ireland
AOL is a media technology company with a mission to simplify the internet for consumers and creators by unleashing the world's best builders of culture and code. As the 4th largest online property in the U.S., with approximately 200 million monthly consumers of its premium brands, AOL is at the center of disruption of how content is being produced, distributed, consumed and monetized by connecting publishers with advertisers on its global, programmatic content and advertising platforms. AOL's opportunity lies in shaping the future of the digitally connected world for decades to come.
UI Software engineer - Develop and grow your tech skills...1.2 billion req per second..
This is a fantastic opportunity to build User Interfaces, reusable frameworks, pipelines and tools all using the latest UI technologies. Get involved in projects from command line utilities and web apps to highly available, low latency mission critical systems to big data processing and analysis.
Come and join a hard working, highly skilled team working on cutting edge advertising platforms and User Interface and User Experience design and implementation.
Work with a world class team on all aspects of UI engineering including DevOps to release your code to users for constant iteration and improvement.
What you’ll be doing
- Building custom User Interfaces designed by UX professionals, building out UI frameworks and pushing the boundaries of quality across AOL’s User Interfaces
- Working in a complex technical environment
- Executing tasks both independently and within a team environment
- Participate in and take responsibility for regular production installations
- Experience with unit testing.
- Strong understanding of web design and interacting with Restful APIs
- Must be self-motivated, proactive, driven and able to execute tasks both independently and within a team environment
- Have the ability to comprehend and communicate in a complex technical environment
- Understand and apply common design and architectural patterns
- Share knowledge and experience through thorough code review processes
- A history of creativity, innovative thought, awareness of current technical trends and high levels of motivation
- Degree in Computer Science or similar.
What would be nice!
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.