Country Manager, Sweden
- Stockholm, Sweden
At AOL, we’re radically redefining the world of online media. By bringing together award-winning journalists, premium brands, original content and innovative technologies, we're transforming the way people around the world connect with information, entertainment, and each other. We are home to a number of well known consumer brands including The Huffington Post, TechCrunch and Engadget and run successful advertising businesses through, ONE:Mobile, ONE:Video, and Be On. Our work is highly rewarded locally and internationally counting Gran Prix, Gold and Glass Lions in Cannes for 2016.
Based in Stockholm, we are now looking for a Country Manager with focus on building our business across the Nordics.
To drive the performance of AOL’s business based in Sweden, and to lead and direct the operational activities of the business.
- Gathers input from key stakeholders to define and present core business and growth strategic plans, and is accountable for the execution of the business strategy to meet revenue growth target goals
- Holds overall accountability for delivering against quarterly targets, OKRs, and developing and implementing quarterly recovery plans
- Accountable for sales execution across Sweden, providing input into the allocation of sales targets and resources for the region
- Sales targets and resource allocation as defined by the Heads of One Advertisers and Publisher Services in collaboration with the Director of International Budgets & Finance
- Champions and positively supports and communicates vision as part of AOL’s overall vision and values to employees directly and through direct reports and key managers
- Sets the cultural tone for the business and teams in Sweden; communicating organizational-level cultural pillars and expected behaviors as well as holding managers accountable for driving the same
- Identifies new business and market opportunities and partnerships, working with the Nordic Director and Heads of Demand and Supply
- Identifies and builds relationships internally and externally to drive business opportunities, and manages ‘top to top’ regional relationships with key clients, publishers and other partners
- Identifies and addresses problems and opportunities central to business success, and solves critical issues at highest levels
- Acts as a representative of the Company at industry affiliations, functions, events etc.
- Ensures compliance with relevant legal and statutory requirements
- Leads by example setting the highest standard and positively supports AOL and the wider Nordics business.
- Strong leadership skills
- High emotional intelligence
- Good awareness and deep understanding of programmatic, mobile, video and content
- Advanced strategy development skills
- Excellent delegation skills
- Impact and influence
- Grit and resilience
- Excellent communication, networking and relationship-building skills
- Judgment and decision-making skills including the strength of character to take difficult decisions and ownership of them in communications with team and the wider business
- Significant experience at a senior management level
- Broad knowledge of media/publishing/digital/tech industry
- Detailed understanding of financial management principles
- In-depth understanding of core business principles
- Good understanding of relevant legislation
- Fluent in Swedish and English
AOL Platforms enables the world's top marketers and media brands to reach consumers across desktop, mobile and TV through premium experiences, programmatic buying and performance-driven campaigns. It is the global partner of choice for leading publishers, advertisers and agencies seeking to maximize the value of their brands online. - See more at: http://www.aolplatforms.com
At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL is an equal opportunity employers and does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, political persuasion or trade union membership.