Business Intelligence Analyst, AOL (Dulles, DC and Baltimore)
- Dulles, VA
AOL is a media technology company with a mission to connect consumers and creators through open marketplaces. AOL uses data to disrupt content production, distribution and monetization. The company connects publishers with advertisers across its global, programmatic platforms, tapping into Microsoft inventory and original content brands like TechCrunch, The Huffington Post and MAKERS which reach over 500 million monthly global consumers. Within its mobile advertising network alone, AOL has a reach of roughly 800 million users. A subsidiary of Verizon, AOL is shaping the digital future.
Position & Responsibilities
Analytics rock star with a passion to drive change? Motivated by the opportunities of a fast growing company and industry in transition?
AOL is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst to join the Analytics group as part of a fast-paced and highly capable team providing strategic and tactical support to our global digital media business. This team is part of the Business Analytics group that powers AOL’s insight into content creation and monetization. Play a lead role in shaping the integration of acquisitions, creating governance around data best practices, and the way C-level executives, GMs, editorial staff, finance and business leaders understand attainment against core KPI’s. This person must have strong BI skills (SQL and Scripting) and experience with digital media.
Open to candidates in Dulles, DC, Baltimore and NYC.
· Ability to execute full data engineering life cycle from gathering requirements, designing/testing code/scripts, and to releasing into production environment.
· Identify performance trends, drive insight generations, propose solutions, and implement actions / escalate issues as necessary
· Be fully independent in data analytics by extracting/querying from data bases, building SQL pivots and developing/manipulating data cubes, as necessary
· Synthesize learnings and prepare effective presentations (verbal and written) for project teams and business leaders
· Establish solid working relationship with the stakeholders and become a close partner with respect to reporting, data and intelligence needs
· Manage the deliveries of regular and ad hoc request in a timely manner to assist senior management/business owners in understanding the data and gain value from it
- 2-4 years of experience
- Ability to understand business issues, formulate hypothesizes, gather results, analyze data, and make appropriate recommendations for change.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (Tableau, PPT, email) to effectively report findings and influence change within the organization.
- Must have experience working on projects with complex analytical and operational aspects; overseeing direct and indirect resources
- Must be able to demonstrate clear accomplishments in prior roles, with a track record of tangible business results, promotion and growth in responsibilities
- Expert knowledge of spreadsheet applications such as Excel, with advanced working knowledge of pivot tables.
- Ability to write SQL queries and familiarity with Oracle, Vertica, or SQL Servers
- Must be detail-oriented, highly accurate and possess excellent problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with a track record of being able to work in a high pressured environment where daily responsibilities are fluid. Can be given a task, operate with autonomy while leveraging co-workers and external partners when appropriate
- Demonstrates AOL’s vision, values and principles; knows and observes quality standards; demonstrates teamwork and excellent customer support. Ability and willingness to roll up the sleeves and get things done
- Strong problem-solving skills with proven proficiency in analyzing large amounts of data, and an ability to consolidate and translate that data into business insight
NOT REQUIRED BUT A PLUS
- Some experience with scripting language(s) such as Python, Perl, or Shell Scripting is a plus
- Some experience with AWS or other cloud-based reporting platforms is a plus
- Relevant higher degrees such as an MBA or graduate degree from a leading school are advantageous but not a requirement
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.