- Singapore, Singapore
AOL is a media technology company with a mission to simplify the internet for consumers and creators by unleashing the world's best builders of culture and code. As the 4th largest online property in the U.S., with more than 200 million monthly consumers of its premium brands, AOL is at the center of disruption of how content is being produced, distributed, consumed and monetized by connecting publishers with advertisers on its global, programmatic content and advertising platforms. AOL's opportunity lies in shaping the future of the digitally connected world for decades to come.
The role is responsible for sourcing profitable ‘off platform’ revenue / inventory across AOL Platforms for Video, Desktop and Mobile.
Media is bought for three reasons: to enhance a metric (e.g. viewability, CTR, Player Size, etc), to secure volume for managed media sales teams or to create additional margin. The role covers Display, Native, Preroll, mobile
- Work with Heads of Inventory, PS, Demand to develop and implement an overall buying strategy using proprietary sources (e.g. IOs) as well as 3rd party SSPs such as Rubicon and PubMatic
- Use ComScore and other local market equivalents as well as SSP data to build out “supply landscapes” for each local market and product line
- Support Country launches by identify suitable ‘in market’ inventory to immediate create supply
- Feed into Sales’ prospecting by identifying ‘off platform’ publishers who work well on our SSPs.
- Assist sales in upselling direct buy (e.g. AdCom) publishers to our own SSP platforms
- Create and maintain market forecasting system to identify periods of low supply / increased demand which represent buying opportunities, getting input from Packaging Manager
- Work with Packaging function to identify inventory suitable for ‘tent pole’ events and seasonal demand
- Work with in house sales teams and Demand side Yield team to source inventory suitable for packaging
- Create systems and processes to ensure revenues and costs are properly allocated so gross margin can be accurately measured by Publisher or “buy”
- Work with Finance and Billing to ensure Inventory sources are paid in a timely and accountable manner
- Prospect publishers for new formats e.g. OnStream, to build supply whilst Sales / AMs prospect publishers
- Tactically acquire inventory to support handsold sales campaigns, whether on our own or 3rd party DSPs
- Hold QBRs / MBRs with SSPs
- 3+ yrs in commercial sales environment within advertising industry, either publisher or (preferably) buying side
- proficient in MS Office and gdocs
- entrepreneurial spirit with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- problem solver, analytical thinker
- good understanding of media buying, programmatic
- ability to combine commercial and analytical outlook
- BA or BSc degree (or equivalent professional experience)
Aol is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Aol employees are rewarded competitively and are entitled to a wide range of benefits that encourage a positive lifestyle. Our recruitment team will always welcome any conversations about flexible working requirements.
We do not accept resumes from placement agencies, headhunters or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with you.