Strategy and Operations Summer Intern
- Baltimore, MD
AOL is a media technology company with a mission to connect consumers and creators through open marketplaces. AOL uses data to disrupt content production, distribution and monetization. The company connects publishers with advertisers across its global, programmatic platforms, tapping into Microsoft inventory and original content brands like TechCrunch, The Huffington Post and MAKERS which reach over 500 million monthly global consumers. Within its mobile advertising network alone, AOL has a reach of roughly 800 million users. A subsidiary of Verizon, AOL is shaping the digital future.
Analytics rock star with a passion to drive change? Motivated by the opportunities of a fast growing industry in transition?
AOL is seeking a summer analyst to join the fast-paced Sales Strategy and Operations team to provide strategic and tactical support to our global media sales business. Play a lead role in shaping the go-to-market strategy, define reporting and analytical best practices and establish the way C-level executives, Sales Management and Sellers understand the advertising spending landscape. This person must be comfortable with advanced analytics, experience with large datasets and have the ability to drive projects in a leading role.
· Lead creation of real-time monitoring and analysis of advertiser spend/revenue KPIs, developing standard reports with visualizations to be used in aid of decision making and overall strategy
· Identify performance trends, drive insight generations, propose solutions, and implement actions / escalate issues as necessary
· Automate reporting and build in process efficiencies to minimize manual reporting
· Synthesize learnings and prepare effective presentations (verbal and written) for project teams and business leaders
· Establish solid working relationship with the stakeholders and become a close partner with respect to reporting, data and intelligence needs
· Perform Competitive & Industry analysis through quantitative and qualitative research tools
· Foster partnerships across a global team of analysts, editors and technology experts
· Become expert in comScore syndicated products, dictionaries and custom market research projects and their capabilities
· Manage the deliveries of regular and ad hoc data by using multiple sources (comScore, Omniture, etc.) to assist senior management/business owners in understanding the data and gain value from it
· Ability to conceptualize business issues, formulate hypotheses, gather results, analyze data, and make appropriate recommendations for change
· Actively enrolled student
· Excellent communication and presentation skills (ppt, email) to effectively report findings and influence change within the organization
· Must have demonstrable management experience working on projects with complex analytical and operational aspects; managing direct and indirect resources
· Must be able to demonstrate clear accomplishments in prior roles, with a track record of tangible business results, promotion and growth in responsibilities
· Experience with Business Intelligence tools to manipulate data, investigate anomalies, construct data sets, and build models
· Expert knowledge of statistical and spreadsheet applications such as Excel, with advanced working knowledge of pivot tables. Experience in developing VBA macros a plus.
· Ability to write basic SQL queries to extract data from databases
· Must be detail-oriented, highly accurate and possess excellent problem-solving skills
· Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and stay organized in a fast-paced environment, and demonstrate flexibility changing direction on short notice
· Demonstrates AOL’s vision, values and principles; knows and observes quality standards; demonstrates teamwork and excellent customer support. Ability and willingness to roll up the sleeves and get things done
· Highly motivated and committed to meet deadlines by working in teams or individually
· Fluency with syndicated data or custom market research for analysis in Internet behavior
· Strong problem solving skills with proven proficiency in analyzing large amounts of data, and an ability to consolidate and translate that data into business insight
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.