Video & Graphic Designer, The Factory (AOL)
- New York, NY
AOL is a media technology company with a mission to connect consumers and creators through open marketplaces. AOL uses data to disrupt content production, distribution and monetization. The company connects publishers with advertisers across its global, programmatic platforms, tapping into Microsoft inventory and original content brands like The Factory, TechCrunch, The Huffington Post and MAKERS which reach over 500 million monthly global consumers. Within its mobile advertising network alone, AOL has a reach of roughly 800 million users. A subsidiary of Verizon, AOL is shaping the digital future.
AOL is looking for a video editor and graphic designer who lives and breathes social media. This is a unique opportunity to join a passionate team of creators, innovators, and entrepreneurs who are dedicated to and in pursuit of making real-time relevant, viral and funny. This position is responsible for helping to launch new brands on multiple social media platforms, and creating original content daily to grow and sustain those brands. This is not your typical 9-5!
The ideal candidate has experience as a video editor and a graphic designer and is used to thinking creatively and experimentally, and has the ability and confidence to take an idea and run with it. This individual should have the ability to juggle multiple projects and the initiative to kick-start projects in a busy work environment on a daily basis.
Balancing the work of a variety of projects, from daily deliveries to longer video productions
Working closely with team members to deliver the highest quality and highest impact content possible
Participating in brainstorms and bringing new ideas to the table
Developing content for various platforms and audiences, ranging from Facebook to Instagram and everything in between
Execute a wide variety of mobile, social and email designs
- Follow and maintain brand identity characteristics, typography, photography, color etc., evolving when necessary
- Must have 3-5 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Final Cut familiarity
- Adobe suite experience required
- Excellent communication (verbal & written) and interpersonal skills are essential for this highly collaborative position.
- Ability to effectively work on multiple projects at one time and proven ability to work under tight deadlines
- Have a strong understanding of latest web technologies and their capabilities – stay up to date with latest innovations and requirements
- Strong talent for all elements of design, layout and typography
- Must have attention to detail, experience and proven ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Ability to work collaboratively and in a positive manner with colleagues across business units
- HTML and CSS knowledge a plus, After Effects knowledge a plus
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.