Business Search Intelligence Analyst, AOL
- Dulles, VA
AOL is a media technology company with a mission to simplify the internet for consumers and creators by unleashing the world's best builders of culture and code. As the 4th largest online property in the U.S., with more than 200 million monthly consumers of its premium brands, AOL is at the center of disruption of how content is being produced, distributed, consumed and monetized by connecting publishers with advertisers on its global, programmatic content and advertising platforms. AOL's opportunity lies in shaping the future of the digitally connected world for decades to come.
AOL Search Business Intelligence team provides automated data, analytics, and forecasting. The BI team is passionate about solving data related problems. The BI team develops, tests, releases and maintains end-to-end reporting, workflow and analytical solutions.
The Business Intelligence Analyst will serve as a key team member in AOL Search Group, providing analytic support, forecasting revenue and managing regular reporting. The Business Intelligence Analyst makes recommendations to team members on improving Search performance and monetization, often through written and oral presentations. The ability to accurately analyze complex problems is as equally important as the skill of effectively communicating such analysis. This position will be located in Dulles, VA offices. This individual will report directly to the Director of the team, supporting the AOL Search executive team.
- Ability to extract and query from databases
- Create and automate reporting and build in process efficiencies to minimize manual reporting.
- Identify performance trends, monitor KPIs, drive insight generations, propose solutions, and implement actions / escalate issues as necessary.
- QA reports from other team members as well as finance for accuracy and compliance with how the Search team manages its business.
- Synthesize learnings and prepare effective presentations (verbal and written) with top notch visualizations for project teams and business leaders.
- Establish solid working relationship with the stakeholders and become a close partner with respect to reporting, data and intelligence needs. Will include regular lifetime value analysis as well.
- Work closely with BI team director to develop monthly forecasts for both revenue and expenses. Work closely with Finance team to QA monthly financial statements.
- Manage the deliveries of regular and ad hoc data by using multiple sources (Tableau, Omniture, etc.) to assist senior management/business owners in understanding the data and gain value from it.
- Serve as an individual contributor as well as team member.
- Work closely with the Data Management team to identify gaps in the data capture strategy and collaboratively implement enhancements. Manage overall reporting structure and update schemas as needed.
- 3-5 years of experience
- Expert knowledge of Excel, with advanced working knowledge of pivot tables. Ability to write basic SQL queries to extract data from databases a plus.
- Reporting software experience (Microstrategies, Tableau, Omniture).
- Ability to build strong, collaborative working relationships with internal business partners.
- Ability to conceptualize business issues, formulate hypotheses, gather results, analyze data, and make appropriate recommendations for change.
- Must be able to multi-task, prioritize and stay organized in a fast-paced environment, and demonstrate flexibility changing direction on short notice.
- Strong problem-solving skills with proven proficiency in analyzing large amounts of data, and an ability to consolidate and translate that data into business insight with high attention to detail.
- Excellent communications skills –both verbal / written / presentation; capable of developing presentations and effectively delivering them to senior management.
- Reporting and Analytical Experience: 3-5 years experience in reporting and/or analysis with focus on reporting, forecasting, trend analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Statistics, Mathematics or related field required; graduate degree preferred.
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.