Associate Features Editor (Reporter), Engadget (NYC or SF)
- New York, NY
Engadget tells stories of the major players in Silicon Valley and around the world. We cover incredible, cutting-edge tech-born everywhere from government labs to local garages. We strive to be at the forefront of technology journalism, and we’re building a team that connects with, informs, and entertains a massive and growing audience.
The Associate Features Editor (Reporter) will report directly to the Features Editor. S/he will be responsible for:
- Covering the intersection of entertainment, technology and gaming in the form of news, features, videos and other formats
- Fostering and maintaining relationships with major industry players
- Playing a strategic role in development and management of multimedia products, including podcasts and video productions
- Writing, developing and editing feature articles about consumer electronics, technology, and entertainment companies and related topics
- Three to five years of experience in digital media
- Strong industry contacts and a proven record of breaking news
- Experience with audio, video and photography, including desktop editing tools, a plus
- A proven track record of long-form writing across a variety of subjects
- Ability to balance multiple projects on deadline
- Must be willing to travel and work nights and/or weekends as needed
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.