Account Manager, Buying & Inventory
- London, United Kingdom
AOL is a media technology company with a mission to connect consumers and creators through open marketplaces. AOL uses data to disrupt content production, distribution and monetisation. We connect publishers with advertisers across our global, programmatic platforms, tapping into Microsoft inventory and original content brands like TechCrunch, The Huffington Post and MAKERS which reach over 500 million monthly global consumers. Within our mobile advertising network alone, we have a reach of roughly 800 million users. A subsidiary of Verizon, AOL is shaping the digital future.
The role is responsible for sourcing profitable ‘off platform’ revenue / inventory across AOL Platforms for Video, Desktop and Mobile.
Media is bought for three reasons: to enhance a metric (e.g. viewability, CTR, Player Size, etc), to secure volume for managed media sales teams or to create additional margin. The role covers Display, Native, Preroll, mobile
- Work with Heads of Inventory, PS, Demand to develop and implement an overall buying strategy using proprietary sources (e.g. IOs) as well as 3rd party SSPs such as Rubicon and PubMatic
- Use ComScore and other local market equivalents as well as SSP data to build out “supply landscapes” for each local market and product line
- Support Country launches by identify suitable ‘in market’ inventory to immediate create supply
- Feed into Sales’ prospecting by identifying ‘off platform’ publishers who work well on our SSPs.
- Assist sales in up-selling direct buy (e.g. AdCom) publishers to our own SSP platforms
- create and maintain market forecasting system to identify periods of low supply / increased demand which represent buying opportunities, getting input from Packaging Manager
- Work with Packaging function to identify inventory suitable for ‘tent pole’ events and seasonal demand
- Work with in house sales teams and Demand side Yield team to source inventory suitable for packaging
- Create systems and processes to ensure revenues and costs are properly allocated so gross margin can be accurately measured by Publisher or “buy”
- Work with Finance and Billing to ensure Inventory sources are paid in a timely and accountable manner
- Prospect publishers for new formats e.g. OnStream, to build supply whilst Sales / AMs prospect publishers
- Tactically acquire inventory to support handsold sales campaigns, whether on our own or 3rd party DSPs
- Hold QBRs / MBRs with SSPs
- Experience in commercial sales environment within advertising industry, either publisher or (preferably) buying side
- proficient in MS Office and google docs
- entrepreneurial spirit with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- problem solver, analytical thinker
- good understanding of media buying, programmatic
- ability to combine commercial and analytical outlook
- BA or BSc degree (or equivalent professional experience)
AOL Platforms enables the world's top marketers and media brands to reach consumers across desktop, mobile and TV through premium experiences, programmatic buying and performance-driven campaigns. It is the global partner of choice for leading publishers, advertisers and agencies seeking to maximize the value of their brands online. - See more at: http://www.aolplatforms.com
At AOL we’re focused on radically redefining the world of online communications. We are transforming how people around the globe connect with information, entertainment and one another by bringing together award winning journalists and innovative technologies to create rich and engaging consumer experiences. We look for people who are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about our mission - to inform, entertain and connect the world.
AOL is an equal opportunity employers and does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marriage & civil partnership, pregnancy & maternity, political persuasion or trade union membership.