Creative Solutions Strategist
- London, United Kingdom
AOL is a media technology company with a mission to simplify the internet for consumers and creators by unleashing the world's best builders of culture and code. As the 4th largest online property in the U.S., with more than 200 million monthly consumers of its premium brands, AOL is at the center of disruption of how content is being produced, distributed, consumed and monetized by connecting publishers with advertisers on its global, programmatic content and advertising platforms. AOL's opportunity lies in shaping the future of the digitally connected world for decades to come.
This is a critical & challenging UK sales role reporting to the Head of Branded Content. The AOL Branded Content Team is a mature & profitable business which is about to undergo a new phase of growth & development.
This individual will help deliver increased revenue growth within the division across multiple product areas & will be responsible for ensuring that RFP pitches are developed, written and sold effectively to drive maximum revenue return & customer satisfaction.
The Creative Strategist will spearhead Creative Solutions selling and evangelism across their specific agency patch to further develop AOL’s position of leadership in the digital marketing space.
Team/ Department Mission
The Branded Content Team is charged with developing & executing against agreed sales targets to ensure market share growth in native advertising. This team supports the frontline agency sales function and also engage directly with clients and agencies to drive our reputation in market. The key deliverables are profitable revenue, customer satisfaction/retention & efficient business process execution.
Assisting the Head of Creative Strategy in:
- Maximising revenues from the audience & product assets as well as delivering against quarterly and annual budget / targets
- Owning the end-to-end pitch process for all creative solutions briefs that come from your agency roster.
- Clear understanding of and experience in the creative production process – editorial, video, photography, animation, illustration etc.
- Demonstrable understanding on the role & impact of creative technology on native advertising campaigns
- Evangelise product areas including our O&O brands, Be On, AOL On and network
- Developing clear GTM plans for their agency patch & ensuring efficient execution against revenue goals
- Ensuring compliance with pricing & policy guidelines based on market intelligence & competitor positioning
- Working with Product/Editorial and Marketing teams to ensure great cross-team collaboration and clear GTM strategy
- Partnering with the agency group’s leads to ensure best-in-class processes across campaign ideation and delivery
- Working closely with AOL Insight Team to ensure all ideas are grounded in smart insight and deliver expected ROI
Desired Skills and Experience
Key Success Criteria
- Proven knowledge, experience & communication abilities
- Credibility with senior executive decision makers in both the existing & emerging customer base
- Exceeding aggressive budgets
- Generating customer satisfaction with excellent service levels
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
1) Essential Experience
- Proven experience in online media creative solutions (5 years minimum) or similar in creative / media agency.
- Highly developed communication, leadership & analytical skills coupled with a broad understanding of the media industry.
- Capacity for strategic thought leadership. Preferably an existing, respected high profile operator in the UK media business.
2) Technical /Functional Skills
- Strategic sales knowledge & proven ability to adapt to new offerings/products
- Demonstrable sales & negotiation skills
- Presentation & communication skills and ability to clearly articulate, focus and communicate a Big Idea” sell.
- Deep knowledge of core sales competencies
- Creative thinker coupled with excellent organisational ability
3) Personal Attributes
- Ability to deal with ambiguity & provide clear direction in such circumstances.
- Ability to be effective in a matrix organization & develop credibility with peers, senior executives & sales staff
- Driven, ambitious & a clear ability to prioritise & work to deadlines
- Strong communication skills – internal & external
- Results focused – proven ability to implement complex strategies & working practices
- Passionate about customers
- Proven strong inter-departmental working skill set & background
- Clear vision & ability to lead change
- Education to degree level preferable. Marketing qualifications an advantage.
Aol is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Aol employees are rewarded competitively and are entitled to a wide range of benefits that encourage a positive lifestyle. Our recruitment team will always welcome any conversations about flexible working requirements.
We do not accept resumes from placement agencies, headhunters or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with you.