Sr Devops Engineer
- Lehi, UT
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content — so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
Verizon Digital Media Services is a cutting edge work environment in need of talented engineers who love technology. As part of that culture we need individuals who help to support this effort from developers to customers. A sound devops engineer is paramount in this effort in helping to create tools and processes that solidify our commitment to quality and stability. Having a talented person in-tune with these requirements is necessary to push us forward and stretch our capabilities.
- Be an engineer and love to build new things -- innovative thinker and creative problem solver
- Be on top of the latest technologies and massive scale DevOps & Agile methodologies
- Actively participate in evolving design and architecture of our infrastructure automation and release tools and processes
- Perform planning, configuration, deployment and maintenance work associated with our production environments, supporting tens of thousands of Linux servers globally
- Help identify areas for process and efficiency improvement within Software Infrastructure team; recommend solutions and assist in overseeing implementation using established best practices
- Evaluate new technologies and develop scalable infrastructure solutions
- Must have the ability to build on the existing architecture where possible while making strategic decisions around when fundamental architectural changes are needed
- Required 5-7 years experience in a web operations position.
- Strong background in Linux/Unix and AWS Administration
- Web server deployment experience at scale in conjunction with AWS ELB
- Experience with DR planning and testing
- Understanding of network topology and routing
- Experience with automation/configuration management using either Salt, Chef or an equivalent
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and cloud services (experience with AWS is required)
- Strong experience with SQL and MySQL, NoSQL experience is a plus
- A working understanding of code and script (PHP, Python, Perl and/or Ruby)
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service
- Self motivated and able to work independently with low supervision and in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.