Software Engineering Intern, Alto Mail
- Palo Alto, CA
The email landscape is changing and Alto Mail was created to rethink how we interact with our inbox. Alto Mail’s mission is to disrupt the status quo, making the consumption of emails easy, engaging and fun. Our app has been downloaded hundreds of thousands of times on iOS, Android, and we even have a thriving web user base. Recently we announced Alto for Slack that brings Alto’s magic to a productivity platform like Slack. We’re continuing to explore new product experiences within the Alto ecosystem.
In this role, you’re going to have the opportunity to:
- Build and enhance large-scale micro services that power ALTO and contribute to the state of the art back-end Mail System handling billions of transactions per day.
- Actively participate in architecture, design and implementation discussions
- Develop automation and processes to enable teams to deploy, manage, configure, scale and monitor the applications in data centers and in cloud
- Troubleshooting and solve problems across platform and application
Palo Alto is preferred location. Dulles, VA is alternate location.
- Top performing student currently pursuing a Masters or PhD in Computer Science or related field
- Strong software development experience in Java and scripting languages
- Strong analytical thinking and problem solving skills
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms and Object Oriented Design concepts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Big Data solutions such as Hadoop, MR, Hive and NoSQL Databases
- Ability to work 40 hrs/wk for a period of 3-6 months
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.