Product Management Intern
- Los Angeles, CA
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content — so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
Excellent Communication – Represent the "voice of the customer" throughout the product lifecycle. Represent VDMS both internally and externally to communicate the vision, capabilities, and differentiators of our portfolio to all stakeholders – from intern to C-Suite.This intern role is focused on pulling together the cohesive vision of our growing product lines, quantifying demand for new and qualifying new opportunities for partnership activity, leading assessments on strategic activities, and managing our pipeline of potential partners, suppliers, and resellers in the digital media ecosystem.
This is an academic internship role and successful candidates will be available to work 16-20 hours per week in our Playa Vista office. Candidates must be enrolled in a top tier MBA program.
- Work with Sales and Reseller team to create a program to source, qualify, categorize, and prioritize business development opportunities with potential suppliers, resellers, acquisition targets, and strategic partners.
- Work with finance to create a financial model to help assess the impact of potential partnerships and business development opportunities that can be used by other members of the product management team.
- Work with stakeholders to develop individual business cases for each potential partnership, acquisition, and/or suppliers and create a scalable process to assess and compare each case.
- Strive to be an expert with respect to content, linear broadcasts, market trends and competition.
- Manage a feature request process and ensure that customers’ needs are being addressed in a timely manner.
- Maintain an up to date product roadmap for the entire portfolio of DMS companies and acquisitions, and create both internal and customer facing variants of the roadmap to convey appropriate messaging to external/internal audiences.
- Product Vision and Evolution - Expertise managing the end-to-end product lifecycle including ideation, definition, development, acceptance testing, and operations using an agile software development methodology like Scrum, Kanban, SAFE, etc.
- Collaboration - Maturity, good judgment, and the ability to work across many disciplines and teams in a matrixed environment to share knowledge and expertise. Ability to build consensus, and ensure convergence of many disparate development work streams into a unified and consistent customer experience. Detailed knowledge of the product, architecture, capabilities and roadmap are required.
Currently enrolled in either B.S. in Business, Information Technology or related field from a top tier school, MBA preferred.
Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills.
Willing to own product in an entrepreneurial manner.
Analytical and detail oriented.
Experience with digital video, streaming technologies and video market trends a plus.
Ability to work in a fast paced agile environment.
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.