Account Manager, Publisher
- London, United Kingdom
AOL is a media technology company with a mission to connect consumers and creators through open marketplaces. AOL uses data to disrupt content production, distribution and monetisation. We connect publishers with advertisers across our global, programmatic platforms, tapping into Microsoft inventory and original content brands like TechCrunch, The Huffington Post and MAKERS which reach over 500 million monthly global consumers. Within our mobile advertising network alone, we have a reach of roughly 800 million users. A subsidiary of Verizon, AOL is shaping the digital future.
The Account Manager (AM) will report directly into the Regional Publisher AM Lead. They will be accountable for publisher Licensing and Media revenue for their local market ensuring all targets are met and exceeded.
Purpose of Role
The AM will be accountable for the overall market adoption of AOL Platforms Publisher Solutions (ONE Video, ONE Display, ONE Adserver, ONE Mobile, Video Activation). They will work closely with the Regional Publisher AM Lead on implementing and executing local publisher strategies, which will see AOL be the monetization partner of choice for a publisher.
This individual will be charged with managing publishers day to day business on ONE by AOL:Publishers, explaining the benefits of our publisher suite and closing additional business by up-selling and cross selling existing clients. Moreover, the individual will own key senior level relationships on all their publisher relationships and key partners in market.
- Manage and grow a multitude of publisher accounts with a focus on building client relationships and and yield management
- Meet and exceed Publisher Media and Licensing revenue targets for local market
- Track and increase the number of clients using 2 or more of AOL Platform Publisher Products
- Become an expert in full One for Publishers offering and products.
- Train and support clients using Publisher platforms and reporting tools
- Be a key part in the on-boarding process for new Publishers and help close cross-selling deals
- Develop and enhance AOL’s reputation as a leading technology and content platform for Publishers
- Keep up to date with all product releases, updates and collateral
- Work closely with the Open Demand, Yield and Sales teams to understand buying trends and market intelligence
- Be up to date in the digital advertising market and industry trends
- Troubleshoot technical issues and investigate discrepancies
- Ideally 2-4 years experience of online advertising, preferably on the Publisher side and with programmatic experience
- A proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales targets
- A strong knowledge of the Ad Serving, Exchange, DSP, SSP, DMP and CMS technology
- Excellent publisher contacts across local market and a proven record of influencing key decision makers
- Deep understanding of online advertising in the region
- Ability to develop strong and lasting client relationships and engage in conversation with senior executives
- Excellent communicator at all levels, presentation skills and strong leadership
- Thrives in a fast paced, collaborative and fluid environment with the ability to take the initiative and work autonomously as well as part of a team.
- Strong analytical skills
- Proficient in Excel, Powerpoint and Google Suite
- Knowledge of mobile advertising industry preferred
AOL is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Aol employees are rewarded competitively and are entitled to a wide range of benefits that encourage a positive lifestyle. Our recruitment team will always welcome any conversations about flexible working requirements.
We do not accept resumes from placement agencies, headhunters or other suppliers that have not signed a formal agreement with us.