- Chicago, IL
AOL is a media technology company with a mission to connect consumers and creators through open marketplaces. AOL uses data to disrupt content production, distribution and monetisation. We connect publishers with advertisers across our global, programmatic platforms, tapping into Microsoft inventory and original content brands like TechCrunch, The Huffington Post and MAKERS which reach over 500 million monthly global consumers. Within our mobile advertising network alone, we have a reach of roughly 800 million users. A subsidiary of Verizon, AOL is shaping the digital future.
AOL Advertising is seeking an Account Manager to join our sales team. The primary purpose of this position is accountability for managing the day to day relationships with clients/customers in an assigned region/category. The Account Manager is responsible for the pre- and post-sale process, which includes teaming with regional/category sales professionals on all assigned accounts to drive additional revenue and overachieve on the team’s goals. The incumbent will ensure client satisfaction and AOL Advertising’s business health through custom campaign strategies; analyze deal or campaign performance; develop innovative alternatives to existing deals or campaigns; and communicate with partners and appropriate internal departments on these initiatives.
- Works with sales professionals and internal teams to develop proposals, provide deal evaluation, sales negotiations, revisions and follow-up.
- Maintains relationships and manages the day-to-day business relationships with current clients and identifies growth opportunities on key accounts.
- Input RFP responses into internal systems, client external templates and third party planning systems.
- Serves as primary point of contact to existing clients on issues regarding performance reports and general maintenance.
- Provides technical guidance on campaign specifications and provides troubleshooting/conflict resolution.
- Effectively optimizes campaign performance by recommending adjustments to inventory and creative components of the campaign.
- Responsible for day-to-day communication with internal and external customers to monitor campaign delivery and contract compliance, ensuring full revenue recognition and client objectives success.
- Track and analyze usage trends and prepares sales and internal reports.
- Deliver on all role specific accountability metrics and goals.
- Utilize third-party research tools to support plan recommendations and provide competitive spending analysis.
- 2+ years of digital advertising, media planning, media buying, or account management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Willing and able to collaborate across boundaries to get work done and drive business forward.
- Strong customer focus – promoting customer satisfaction, resolution and loyalty.
- Must have strong understanding of digital marketplace and understanding of the competitive landscape in which we operate.
- Able to work effectively and excel in a matrix organization and possess the ability to adapt to a changing environment quickly and easily.
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.