Production Assistant, Ryot
- Los Angeles, CA
RYOT is an immersive media company based in Los Angeles utilizing emerging digital formats to invite our audience to be more than just a witness to what's happening in the world around them. As filmmakers, activists, and humanitarian aid workers, RYOT spotlights the world’s key global and social issues and cultural and countercultural movements by creating innovative 360° and virtual reality experiences for viewers. From being on the ground in a Syrian war zone to profiling the indigenous fight against global oil corporations, our films span five continents, bringing new and innovative stories back to the stateside audience. RYOT is part of the AOL family.
RYOT is changing the future of storytelling. As the face of media changes, we are on the frontlines of that evolution by utilizing innovative tactics across technology, media and creative to develop award-winning and impactful work. Join the Academy Award, Peabody and Emmy nominated team and be on the ground floor of building a forward-thinking creative agency and brand. Be the future of media.
RYOT is seeking a Production Assistant to join the editorial team in Los Angeles. RYOT seeks to break the current media model by telling interactive stories in new mediums, covering topics we feel represent the youthful, informed majority that seek to change the world. As a Production Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Story Research
- Location Research
- Gear Management
- Budget Management
- Travel Logistics
- Legal Document Management
- Data Management
- Behind the Scenes (BTS) Asset Collection & Organization
- Content & Pitch Development
- Please include a cover letter detailing why you are ideal for this role and what makes an effective production.
- Please send a link to your personal website and public social media accounts.
- 1-3 years in video production.
- Must be proficient in in social media platforms, data management servers, and general computer knowledge.
- Candidate should have general knowledge of messaging platforms (Slack, Asana, etc).
- Ideal candidate would have some competency with Adobe Creative Cloud and other editing software, photography, videography, VR/360 production, digital media, and multimedia storytelling.
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.