Special Assistant to Editor-in-Chief, The Huffington Post
- New York, NY
The Huffington Post is a Pulitzer Prize-winning source of breaking news, video, features, and entertainment, as well as a highly engaged global community for opinion and conversation. The platform has 100,000 bloggers -- from politicians, students and celebrities to academics, parents and policy experts -- who contribute in real-time on the subjects about which they are most passionate. The Huffington Post is committed to covering our core editorial pillars -- news and politics, wellness, and solutions to the world's biggest problems -- and using every available tool and platform, including virtual reality and immersive storytelling, to inform, inspire, entertain and empower. With a global multi platform audience, The Huffington Post has editions in the UK, Canada, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, Maghreb, Germany, Brazil, South Korea, Greece, India, Australia and the Arab world. The Huffington Post is part of AOL Inc.
The Special Assistant to the Editor-in-Chief will provide support in day-to-day tasks and managing special and ad hoc projects as well as newsroom priorities. S/he will help manage an event schedule in addition to providing event briefings, talking points, and other preparation materials. The Special Assistant will also be responsible for drafting internal comms. S/he must be capable of leading and executing detailed, in-depth research under tight deadlines and with clear organization and structure.
- Organized, detail-oriented and can manage multiple projects on strict deadlines
- Exceptional ability to motivate talented professionals who achieve results
- Persistence and resilience when accomplishing difficult tasks; learns from failure
- Pushes self and others to try new approaches. Gets around, under or through barriers.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Effective Listener. Transparent communicator.
- Takes the initiative. Proactive. Self-starter. Motivated. Will-do attitude.
- Practical, hands-on. Rolls up the sleeves and gets things done – from mundane to strategic
- Bachelors Degree (concentration or demonstrated interest in journalism a plus)
- Project management experience in a fast-paced environment (e.g. media, business, politics projects)
- Experience in publishing and/or video is a plus
- Demonstrable success and results driven by the candidate
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.