Producer, RYOT (NYC or LA)
- New York, NY
HuffPost RYOT is changing the future of storytelling. Founded by humanitarians, filmmakers and journalists who set out to change the world, RYOT is now using that visionary experience to build the immersive brand of the future. As the face of media changes, we are on the frontlines of that evolution by utilizing innovative tactics across technology, media and creative to develop award-winning and impactful work.
Join the Academy Award, Peabody and Emmy nominated team and be on the ground floor of building a forward-thinking creative agency and brand. Be the future of media. Become the story.
RYOT Studio is seeking an experienced and hungry Producer who can balance a variety of formats and platforms, various levels of production and impeccable execution for Native and Branded content. The Producer will execute large-scale, digital media and content-driven advertising programs for RYOT Studio’s. This person will be responsible for driving the entire program execution from start-to-finish, including owning and overseeing the project plan, production timeline and reporting. The Producer will work in close partnership with sales, marketing, creative executives, product specialists, producers, designers, researchers and other members of the broad program team to drive the successful implementation of the program.
The person must have experience within a fast-paced digital media environment and must come with the full suite of knowledge of the digital marketing landscape: content marketing, ad formats, promotions, social, video syndication. Strong organization, communication and interpersonal skills are a must as this person will be the team leader and face of the program both inside and outside of the company.
The ideal candidate has a background in a variety of creative agency work from low budget documentaries to high budget branded ads. They would feel equally comfortable hanging out with a Shaman in South America and presenting a million dollar pitch to a client in a board room in midtown Manhattan. They push themselves to find new ways to tell stories but also know how to compromise and find creative solutions to a client’s needs.
The Producer will oversee the logistical aspects of production including budget, deliverables and timelines on all of the Studio’s projects. They will also work in conjunction with their partner -- the Creative Development Producer to ensure the utmost standard of excellence in regards to our creative work. The role will be based in New York or Venice, CA and work closely with and report directly to Head of RYOT Studio.
● Serve as the primary point of contact – both internally & externally with - in the successful coordination and end-to–end execution of Native and Branded content.
● Confidently lead both internal and external status calls on a frequent basis and in a streamlined and efficient fashion with pre & post meeting agendas.
● Interact directly with the client’s agency and brand teams: become immersed in their brands, fluent in their strategy and uphold the partner relationship.
● Develop budget and timeline bids almost daily for new proposal development
● Provide overall project leadership and management.
● Create and present impeccable and impressive client facing presentations.
● Consistently deliver exceptional work on time, on budget and on brief.
● Source, secure, manage and oversee all talent, vendors and production teams
● Consistently solve creative problems with positive solutions.
● Build and scale the portfolio and creative team of a burgeoning media agency.
● Stay on top of trends and technical advances of new technologies.
● 4-6 years of experience in video development and execution in a media or agency environment.
Interest and experience with VR/AR/360 video.
● Understanding of the RYOT brand, tone and voice.
● Demonstrated ability to create and execute across various client brands.
● Proven experience in diverse types of content including editorial, branded and advertising.
● Demonstrated curiosity in new formats and technologies.
● Demonstrated ability to create award winning Native and Branded content from concept through delivery.
● Demonstrated ability to work with big name clients on important projects.
● Demonstrated interest in progressive social issues.
● Commitment to a standard of excellence.
● Demonstrated access to agency, client and creative networks.
● Works well under pressure, under tight timelines and turnarounds, in high stakes environments all the while maintaining a commitment to quality.
● Demonstrated ability to provide clear direction and address client feedback.
● Excellent presentation skills.
● Undergraduate degree in film, new media or related field
● Ability to work in our New York, NY or Los Angeles office and travel as needed for presentations and productions.
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.