- Boston, MA
Verizon Digital Media Services brings together world-class technology to prepare, deliver and display content — so users can watch and enjoy on their terms. The purpose of our platform is simple. It delivers next-generation digital experiences for today’s demanding users, whether it be their favorite TV shows, catching up with friends via social media or shopping for the latest gadgets. Built on top of one of the world’s largest networks, our platform easily handles your users’ appetite for instant, secure and always-on media, anytime, anywhere.
This role will oversee and implement all aspects of security within this business unit. The role will act as the local security engineering, operations, and governance resource to ensure business unit runs securely. Guidance and oversight will be provided from the centralized security team in HQ in Los Angeles, CA.
- Assume the role of security subject matter expert for the business unit to cover security engineering, operations, and governance
- Perform threat, risk, and vulnerability assessments on products and infrastructure
- Implement and run patch management program for both Windows and Linux
- Oversee the security of AWS
- Work alongside operations and development teams to remediate all security findings
- Serve as the liaison to a central SOC for incident response and vulnerability remediation
- Supervise and assist in the adoption of corporate security policies, business risk register, and corrective action reports for ISO27001
- Participate in internal and external audit programs
- Computer Science or Information Security background
- Must feel comfortable working independently and across multiple business units
- Able to speak to both technology and business needs with both technical and non-technical executives
- Strong systems and network administration background preferred
- Knowledge of common application vulnerabilities and remediation
- Familiarity with the following Compliance Standards: PCI DSS, ISO27001:2013, SSAE-16 SOC-2, MPAA, CSA STAR, and HIPAA
- CISSP, or Sec+ Certifications preferred
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.