Creative Development Producer, RYOT (NYC or LA)
- New York, NY
HuffPost RYOT is changing the future of storytelling. Founded by humanitarians, filmmakers and journalists who set out to change the world, RYOT is now using that visionary experience to build the immersive brand of the future. As the face of media changes, we are on the frontlines of that evolution by utilizing innovative tactics across technology, media and creative to develop award-winning and impactful work.
Join the Academy Award, Peabody and Emmy nominated team and be on the ground floor of building a forward-thinking creative agency and brand. Be the future of media. Become the story.
RYOT Studio is seeking an innovation-focused Creative Development Producer who can balance content development, client management and visionary execution for Native and Branded content.
The ideal candidate is an inspired and prolific creative with a client facing demeanor. They would feel equally comfortable hanging out with a Shaman in South America and presenting a million dollar pitch to a client in a board room in midtown Manhattan. They push themselves to find new ways to tell stories but also know how to compromise and find creative solutions to a client’s needs.
The Creative Development Producer will oversee the creative leads on all of the Studio’s projects for Native and Branded content, and ensure the utmost standard of excellence in regards to our creative work. They will also work in conjunction with their partner -- RYOT’s Head of Production, who will oversee and manage all Studio production. The role will be based in New York City or Los Angeles and work closely with and report directly to Head of RYOT Studio.
● Develop innovative and award-winning video series across native and white label advertising products
● Lead client campaigns and creative teams from ideation through delivery
● Develop thought leadership that adds to the brand’s notoriety and culture
● Create and present impeccable and impressive client facing presentations
● Consistently deliver exceptional work on time, on budget and on brief
● Drive and lead on winning new business
● Consistently solve creative problems with positive solutions
● Build and scale the portfolio and creative team of a burgeoning media agency
● 4-6 years of experience in video development and execution in a media or agency environment
● Demonstrated interest and experience with VR/AR/360 video
● Understanding of the RYOT brand, tone and voice
● Ability to create and execute across various client brands
● Proven experience in diverse types of content including branded and advertising
● Curiosity in new formats and technologies
● Demonstrated ability to create award winning work from concept through delivery and to work with big name clients on important projects
● Interest in progressive social issues
● Commitment to a standard of excellence
● Access to agency, client and creative networks
● Works well under pressure, under tight timelines and turnarounds, in high stakes environments all the while maintaining a commitment to quality
● Demonstrated ability to provide clear direction and address client feedback
● Excellent presentation skills
● Undergraduate degree in film, journalism, new media or related field
● Ability to work in our New York, NY office and travel as needed for presentations and productions
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.