Group Head Platform
- Cologne, Germany
At AOL, we’re radically redefining the world of online media. By bringing together innovative technologies, premium brands, original content and award-winning journalists we're transforming the way people around the world connect with information, entertainment, and each other. The home of a world-class collection of premium brands, AOL creates original content that engages audiences on a local and global scale. We help marketers connect with these audiences through effective and engaging digital advertising solutions.
ONE by AOL, a division of AOL Platforms, is the video, display and mobile advertising platform of choice for the world’s largest brands, agencies, publishers and ad networks. Our technology a unified, programmatic platform that provides buyers and sellers with automated tools to plan, buy and measure billions of ad trades across web, linear TV and mobile devices. ONE by AOL is transforming the way advertising is bought and sold.
As ONE by AOL continues to evolve as an industry leader, we depend on the insights and dedication of every single person who joins us. We love new ways of thinking, new ideas, and will reward you for both. We're not about org charts. We're about doing great work with great people, having fun along the way, and creating positive transformation in the advertising industry. AOL is looking for a gifted Platform Sales person to set the foundations for ONE by AOL business in Germany. The successful candidate will foster a culture of world-class internal and external customer relationships through proactive problem identification and process improvement. They will have a pro-active approach to business growth and maintain excellent relationships with senior key stakeholders on assigned accounts. Other key responsibilities will include:
- Maintain strong communication with senior client contacts and senior management keeping all stakeholders informed of account status
- Maintain and expands client relationship notifying stakeholders about future business opportunities, including new product features
- Develop and maintain expert level proficiency in the ONE by AOL console, providing training to clients on the ONE by AOL platforms
- Be proactive in your approach to develop business growth through client pitches, networking and client entertainment
- Responsible for sales targets, revenue growth and fostering a positive working environment
- Perform quarterly competitor and client reviews together with continuously manage client accounts set up in Salesforce
We are looking for ambitious, highly motivated, inspirational talent capable of both strategic thinking and tactical delivery. You need to have an exceptional imagination, the ability to collaborate in a fast-paced environment, and a sense of wonder and excitement about the future of online.
- Considerable sales and new business experience essential, particularly within the digital media and sales industry
- Excellent track record in developing relationships with advertising agencies, direct advertisers and winning new business
- A passion for online media is essential with experience in programmatic trading, knowledge of the landscape and strong understanding in leading ad servers, ad networks, DSP’s, SSP’s
- Entrepreneurial, with an ability to work well independently, prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines demonstrating initiative and a strong work ethic
- Numerate with a good level of knowledge of MS Office packages, particularly Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word
- Degree qualified and motivated with a can-do attitude and a hunger for delivering results.
AOL is a media technology company with a mission to build brands people love by unleashing the world's best builders of culture and code. Culture defines code and code defines culture. Code is about the evolution of technology, the natural force of human ingenuity that moves culture forward.
Aol is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. Aol employees are rewarded competitively and are entitled to a wide range of benefits that encourage a positive lifestyle. Our recruitment team will always welcome any conversations about flexible working requirements.