Network Engineer, Managed Services
- 333 Westchester Ave, White Plains, NY 10604, USA
Founded in 1970, Annese & Associates, Inc. designs, installs, maintains, and services networks that integrate voice, video, and data to reduce operating costs and increase productivity for schools, government agencies, and commercial businesses in New York and New England.Our Mission is to provide an excellent customer experience as we meet our clients' evolving business needs through comprehensive, industry-leading technology solutions delivered by a caring and talented team.
A Network Engineer is an individual who is well versed in the understanding of networking technologies. The role requires both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to provide solutions to a customer’s technical business problem. The position requires a demonstrated ability of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within Unified Communication Technologies.
● Provide break/fix customer support within an assigned geography.
● Post Sale project implementation and equipment staging.
● Follow Annese standardized processes and procedures.
● Assist with install/project data collection during the course of support and project implementations.
● Work independently on support/installs and in a team environment handling a range technical situations.
● Provide hands on installation and support (as well as remote, phone and email).
● Complete support and installations at client sites thoroughly and on-time.
● Maintain spare part inventory.
● Resolve service delivery and client issues as needed.
● Attend all service appointments on-time, for full duration, with focus on providing quality client service.
● Submit detailed records in a timely manner (time sheets, tickets, reports, etc).
● Identify and escalate business and technical challenges as appropriate.
● Keep accurate, timely, and thorough client site documentation.
● Meet with colleagues, managers, and account managers regarding account status, ongoing issues and opportunities.
● Attend and participate in regularly scheduled team meetings.
● Available for on-call, shiftwork, and emergency response as needed.
● Identify and recommend improvement opportunities that are consistent with client needs.
● Professional appearance as outlined in the Annese handbook.
● Off hour work and overnight travel may be required.
● Maintain a high level of professionalism with customers, vendors and staff.
● Perform all responsibilities in alignment with the core values of Annese & Associates, Inc.
● A minimum of one to two years’ experience in the implementation, design, and/or maintenance of converged networks utilizing Cisco products.
● Must have a valid driver’s license.
● Hands on knowledge and experience designing, configuring and maintaining of Cisco Unified Communications systems is preferred.
● Has experience/education in many of the products that Annese installs along with an in depth knowledge of some of these products.
● Familiar with router configurations and is well versed in Layer 2 & 3 switch configurations.
● Familiar with products in the areas of Network Infrastructure (Core & Remote) switches and routers, Firewall/VPN Security, and Wireless systems.
● Can utilize network diagnostic tools such as Sniffer to troubleshoot network problems, as well as working with Annese colleagues or vendor TAC for assistance.
● Cisco CCNA/CCDA is preferred.
● Excellent customer service management skills.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills are mandatory.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position works in a typical field/office sales environment.
● Must be able to sit for long periods of time and travel frequently.
● Must be able to hear average or normal conversations in person and by phone.
● Must possess the visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents and work for long periods of time on a personal computer.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position.
Annese & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We look forward to receiving your application!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.