Solutions Architect, Cloud
- Clifton Park, NY
Founded in 1970, Annese & Associates, Inc. designs, installs, maintains, and services networks that integrate voice, video, and data to reduce operating costs and increase productivity for schools, government agencies, and commercial businesses in New York and New England.Our Mission is to provide an excellent customer experience as we meet our clients' evolving business needs through comprehensive, industry-leading technology solutions delivered by a caring and talented team.
A Solutions Architect is an individual who is well versed in the understanding in the Cloud Services Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) solution set. The role requires both broad and deep technology knowledge and the ability to provide solutions to a customer’s technical business problem. The position requires a demonstrated ability of commonly used concepts, practices, and procedures within Annese’s Cloud practice.
• Identify and manage pre sales design of cloud solutions to meet client business needs.
• Lead customer-facing discussions, white-boarding sessions, WebEx meetings, and other forms of presentations.
• Prepare quotations and statements of work for Annese professional and managed services.
• Lead implementation of client cloud environments from simple to complex enterprises. Full-cloud and hybrid environments with on-premises data center integration are included.
• Point of technical escalation for Project Managers and other engineers.
• Responsible for install/project data collection during the course of the project.
• Both independently and within a team environment, handle a range of technical situations involving system functional and design specifications.
• Provide hands-on installation and support (as well as remote, phone and email).
• Complete projects thoroughly and on-time.
• Resolve service delivery and client issues as needed.
• Attend all service appointments on-time, for full duration, with focus on providing quality client service.
• Submit detailed records in a timely manner (time sheets, tickets, reports, project documentation, etc).
• Identify and escalate business and technical challenges as appropriate.
• Keep accurate, timely and thorough client-site documentation.
• Meet with colleagues, managers and account managers regarding account status, ongoing issues and opportunities.
• Attend and participate in regularly scheduled team meetings.
• Available for on-call and emergency response as needed.
• Identify and recommend improvement opportunities that are consistent with client needs and Annese business needs.
• Proactive calendar management with the PMO
• Professional appearance, as outlined in the Annese handbook.
• Off-hours work and overnight travel may be required.
• Maintain a high level of professionalism with customers, vendors and staff.
• Perform all responsibilities in alignment with the core values of Annese & Associates, Inc.
• Follow Annese standardized processes and procedures for implementation and consulting
• Experience in design and implementation of cloud-based infrastructure solutions, storage and migration technologies. Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) required. Including experience with and knowledge of AWS Import/Export, services such as VPC, EC2, S3, AWS Storage Gateway, CloudFormation, Config, CloudTrail.
• Understanding of high availability and failover configuration for DNS and AWS multi-AZ deployments.
• Experience in deploying and managing cloud-based servers, storage, networking, DNS, and related technologies.
• Three or more years of experience in the design and implementation of virtualized environments using VMware vSphere and/or other hypervisors.
• VMware VCP-level knowledge and VCP certification preferred.
• Understanding of disaster recovery and business continuity methods and practices. Experience with VMware Site Recovery Manager and cloud disaster recovery preferred.
• Strong experience and knowledge in managing Microsoft Windows Active Directory and related services, Windows Server 2008 and later operating systems, and common Linux distributions.
• Strong experience in common scripting languages including JSON, Python, and Bash. Must be capable of deploying cloud-based resources using command-line tools and scripted methods.
• Experience with orchestration and release tools such as Ansible, Chef, Jenkins, Git repositories, and related tools.
• Knowledge of software build deployment and release management tools.
• Experience in the products and solutions that Annese installs (Cisco UCS, NetApp storage, Dell servers and storage, Cisco Nexus switches) is preferred.
• Ability to configure networking and firewalls for site-to-site VPN access. Works with Annese colleagues or vendor TAC for assistance.
• Strong verbal and written communication, customer facing skills, and a can-do attitude are required.
• Excellent customer service and customer management skills.
• Strong technical leadership is required.
• Proficient PC skills in a Windows environment and expertise in a wide range of desktop software.
• Must have a valid driver’s license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position works in a typical field/office sales environment.
•Must be able to sit for long periods of time and travel frequently.
•Must be able to hear average or normal conversations in person and by phone.
•Must possess the visual acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents and work for long periods of time on a personal computer.
In support of the Americans with Disabilities Act, this job description lists only those responsibilities and qualifications deemed essential to the position. Annese & Associates, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This position can be located out of our White Plains, Clifton Park, Utica, Syracuse, Rochester or Buffalo, NY offices.