General Engineering Supervisor – Shafts & Surface Infrastructure
- No1 National Road, Musina, LIMPOPO, South Africa
We have high standards. You’ll ensure we meet them.
We’re the world’s leading diamond company, powered by thousands of people around the world, with a mission to support local communities, protect our natural environment and shape a brighter future.
As General Engineering Supervisor Shafts & Infrastructure at Venetia Mine, you will be responsible for the maintenance and operations of equipment and systems according to sound engineering practices and equipment specifications and to assist the Engineer with design and general supervision of engineering activities in support of the maintenance process.
Venetia Mine is South Africa’s most valuable diamond mine. As we develop the mine underground, it is also one of the largest infrastructure projects in the country.
If you are an experienced General Engineering Supervisor Shafts & Infrastructure who shares our belief in a better future for mining, we would like to hear from you.
In return, we provide you with the space and support to grow and achieve your ambitions.
As General Engineering Supervisor - Shafts & Surface Infrastructure, you will be required to:
- Ensure legal, safety, environmental and hygiene standards are complied with and maintained
- Design and implement initiatives to optimise fixed plant
- Ensuring all work is planned, scheduled, executed and monitored
- Grade 12 certificate or relevant NQF level 4 qualifications with Mechanical or Fitter Trade Certificate
- More than 8 years post qualification experience on the maintenance of equipment required for underground mining
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience on winder related maintenance activities
- Minimum 3 years supervisory experience as a Senior Foreman or GES on an underground mine
- Technical knowledge of equipment and plant required for underground mining
- Technical knowledge in maintenance of substations, winders, ventilation fans and refrigeration plants
- Ability to work at heights
- Contract management experience and working knowledge of repair and services contracts
- Written and verbal communication sk
- Analysing and interpretation of information
- Coordination of maintenance planning, scheduling and execution processes
- Report writing
- Team work
- Supervisory and people management skills
Who we are
De Beers Group is a company with a rich history and a sparkling future.
Since 1888 our experts have searched the world for nature’s most precious gem. Our diamonds bring beauty to the world. But we think they can do so much more. We want our diamonds, and our business, to make life brilliant – for our people, our customers and the world around us.
Venetia Mine is part of De Beers Group Managed Operations Business which integrates mines, operations and support functions in the De Beers Group producer countries of Canada and South Africa to shape a safe, sustainable future for De Beers Group’s people, shareholders, communities and partners.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others' actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
How to apply
- For all internal applicants, you are required to complete an internal application form and attach detailed CV. This form must be accompanied with a signature from your immediate line manager and Head of Department
- Preference will be given to Venetia employees who meet the criteria
- Submit applications on or before the CLOSING DATE: 16 September 2020