- Unit 3201, 32/F, Century Link Tower 1 No. 1198 Century Avenue, Pudong New District, Shanghai, 200122 China, Shanghai, China
Join us as a Specialist-Compliance, where you will help us scale. You’re talented and adaptable. That’s why you’ll fit in.
High performing teams that work together to make decisions and get things done more effectively are crucial to Anglo American’s success. Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives", delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible – from mobile phones to medicines. We strive to create collaborative working environments, where inclusion and diversity is celebrated.
As well as discovering, mining and processing many of the essential raw materials that enable, support and enhance modern life, our global business is involved in selling and marketing products – copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal, nickel and diamonds. Through our Marketing Business, we are able to offer innovative solutions to meet our customers’ specific challenges. To achieve this, we can count on a passionate group of people with a diverse blend of talents. They are at the heart of everything we do.
Are you one of them?
The Marketing Compliance Specialist is responsible for ensuring the Marketing teams strictly adhere to and comply with Internal Group policies and procedures and externally driven regulations, resulting in a well-controlled Marketing organisation, where losses due to governance failure or non-compliance with regulations are avoided.
- Implement Anglo American’s Marketing compliance programme, including policy drafting, KRI definition, training for all commercial staff etc.
- Provide compliance advisory service to the Marketing BU Front, Middle and Back Office teams to advise on Marketing and Trading activities and how impacted by relevant external regulation, including:
o MiFID II,
o Anti-bribery & Corruption compliance
o Competition Law and Market Abuse (MAR/ MAD) compliance
o And other social, ethical, and environmental regulations
- Implement monitoring and reporting processes using trader surveillance tools, to enable:
o The prevention and detection of Market abuse
o The detection and reporting of “suspicious” orders or transactions
- Work with Group Legal to understand the implications of the upcoming regulation and monitor the external regulatory environment for changes that impact the Marketing BU, and update compliance Framework and materials accordingly.
- Maintain the ‘relevant employee’ model for Marketing BU where employees are assigned a compliance profile in accordance with the compliance risks faced by their role, and maintain training plan accordingly
- Assist Group Policy Owners to tailor training materials for Marketing BU focus (includes Anti-Trust with Group Legal, and Business Integrity with Group EBCT). Assist in the provision of training to Marketing employees. Ensure training provided to all relevant Marketing Employees in accordance with their risk profile.
- Perform the annual Compliance Risk Assessment process to identify and manage Marketing Business Unit’s compliance risks and assist with Group Risk Assessment process.
- Provision of monthly/ quarterly reporting on training completion, GEH/ COI submissions and other Compliance issues/ declarations.
- University degree in relevant field, such as Law, Accounting or Economics
- 5 years min experience in compliance with focus on commodities
- Ideally experience of compliance/ risk management in a trading environment
- Commercial or investment banking background considered
- Legal/ General Counsel experience
- Experience of working with detailed legal/ policy documentation regarding Chinese Regulations
- Experience within a complex organisation across different countries and jurisdictions, cultures, interfacing with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience of working in a regulated industry.
- Experience in Trade Surveillance (Market Abuse)
- In depth knowledge of Anti Bribery & Corruption and Competition Laws
Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.As a responsible miner – of diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we are the custodians of what are precious natural resources. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
What we offer
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Amazing opportunities for learning and growth - from technical training to leadership programs, we bring out the best in our people
- We’re a large, successful multinational company and there are plenty of opportunities internally to move onwards and upwards too
How we are committed to your safety
We take the safety of our employees very seriously and as a company we demonstrate the most rigorous safety standards in the industry.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.