- Box 254, Shurugwi, Zimbabwe
Join us and provide overall management and be accountable for the engineering and asset management across a clearly defined portion of the complex operation.
By looking after our assets, you'll become an asset too.
Anglo American has a portfolio of world-class mining operations. We mine, process, move and market the essential ingredients that enable a cleaner, more connected world and that meet fast growing consumer-driven demands for products from smartphones to electric cars. Our basic materials build homes, offices, railways and airports, and our diamonds fulfil people's dreams.
We are at the forefront of change in our industry; innovating with purpose – pushing boundaries to create new opportunities and demonstrate our values. As the custodians of precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we rely on our high-performing teams to combine integrity, creativity and smart innovation with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
Reef identification, ore control, underground mapping, rock mass data collection and rock mass monitoring services in underground operations.
• Ensure reef and correct position of mining cut are marked at the start of the mining cycle
• Collect and update stope width measurements in MRM Systems
• Coordinate and control all stay on reef sampling for accurate reef identification
• Track ore movement from sections and eliminate ore dilution
• Perform daily Panel Risk Assessments in active mining bords and ensure adherence to ventilation, rock engineering, and relevant mining standards.
• Maintain production sections updated in terms of geological and geotechnical mapping.
• Capture all mapping and update plans in Microstation/Broadstroke
• Conduct borehole camera inspections and generate fracture logs
• Check and ensure adherence to support and pillar cutting compliance
• Assist miners in re-entry and TARP procedures
• Diploma in Geology or Higher National Diploma in Geology.
• A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Geological Technician.
• Platinum mining experience will be an added advantage
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
• Knowledge of Safety, Health, and Environment systems
• Knowledge of blasting practices, possession of mine blasting license, strata control certificate or experience in strata control/rock mechanics will be an added advantage
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are?
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
As a responsible miner – of diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we are the custodians of what are precious natural resources. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.