Senior Safety Officer
- 1 National Rd, Musina, 0900, South Africa
Be a shining example.
You are proud to be a safety leader, setting a good example and taking care to keep others safe, at work, at home and in the wider community. You communicate easily with different teams and keep yourself and others up-to date with emerging issues and best practice.
We are a global business with a strong safety culture. The wellbeing of our people is at the heart of how we do business. 'Zero harm' is always our aim. If you share our high safety standards, we'd like to hear from you.
We’re the world’s leading diamond company – a unique luxury business that thrives on the creativity, passion and knowledge of our people.
To push our company forwards, we always need to think differently. We welcome diverse perspectives, people who think rigorously and aren't afraid to challenge assumptions.
In return, we provide a world-class working environment with generous financial and personalised work-life benefits as well as training and opportunities to bring out the best in you.
You will be responsible to support, implement, facilitate, monitor and audit both the compliance and effectiveness of the DBCM Venetia Mine OHSAS 18001 Safety management system requirements, corporate, legal and other requirements.
Your role will require to:
- Conduct scheduled internal audits and inspections against the requirements
- Have a clear understanding of safety risk management practices
- Provide advice to Supervisors and Middle Management
- Assist in the evaluation and assessment of solutions for new projects
- Assist in the coordination of the revision of the Safety standards
- Assist in compiling reports and statistics
- Monitors adherence to the Operation's Environmental Management Programme
- Assist with the effective implementation of all Safety interventions
- Investigate all Safety related incidents
- Ensures adherence to Safety Management Programme goals and objectives
- Grade12/N3 or relevant NQF level 4 qualification.
- National Diploma in Safety Management or Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an operational environment related activities.
- Safety Auditors Course (advantageous).
- Computer Literacy – MS Office Suite (Word/Excel/Power Point/Outlook).
- Valid EB/Code 8 Drivers License.
- Successfully obtain a Red Ticket (Medical Fitness Certificate) on mine.
- Your consideration for employment is subject to your SAPS Criminal Record verification and qualifications verification.
Who we are:
De Beers Group Managed Operations Business integrates mines, operations and support functions in the De Beers Group producer countries of Canada and South Africa to shape a safe, sustainable future for De Beers Group’s people, shareholders, communities and partners.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others' actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.