Senior HRD Practitioner Engineering Technical Training Operations
- R510, Thabazimbi, South Africa
Anglo American has a portfolio of world-class mining operations. We mine, process, move and market the essential ingredient that enable a clear, more connected world and that meet fast growing consumer-driven demands for products from smartphones to electric cars. Our basic materials build homes, offices, railways and airports, and our diamonds fulfill people's dreams.
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium.
People. Process. Performance. You'll keep sight of it all..
Here’s an exciting opportunity to join us.
This role is responsible for the execution of legal and mandatory practical engineering skills training at the mining/process operations. Implements the engineering skills learning delivery system. Plans and schedules engineering skills training processes. Conducts and evaluates legal refresher training.
- Engineering Skills training implemented for A1-D1 (mining operations/process operations)
- Medium Voltage Assessment
- Engineering refresher/induction training conducted and evaluated
- Compliance with the Mine Health and Safety Act (including Sect. 54/55 and learning from incidents).
- Skills priorities determined for engineering competency
- Compliance in terms of MQA and QCTO requirements
- Best practice integration in training methodology
- Progress reported against predetermined targets
- Engineering skills training facilitated and evaluated.
- Participation in the alignment of engineering standards
- Procedures and standards implemented in training execution
- Electrical Trade Certificate.
- NQF 4 Certificate in OD ETDP.
- Assessor Certificate
- 3 years Engineering experience of which 2 years as Artisan or HRD Trainer
- Medium Voltage Competencies
- Computer Skills
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
Anglo American is a global diversified mining business. Our portfolio of world-class mining operations provides the metals and minerals that make modern life possible. We use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world.
As a responsible miner – of diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we are the custodians of what are precious natural resources. We work together with our key partners and stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate and for society at large. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
Inclusion and Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.