- 20 Carlton House Terrace, St. James's, London SW1Y 5AN, UK
Anglo American has a portfolio of world-class mining operations. We mine, process, move and market the essential ingredients that enable a cleaner, more connected world and that meet fast growing consumer-driven demands for products from smartphones to electric cars. Our basic materials build homes, offices, railways and airports, and our diamonds fulfil people's dreams
Finances are vital. You’ll help us see where we’re going.
The purpose of the Treasury Accountant is to administer the day to day accounting transactional and reporting requirements within back office treasury operations. This will include daily, monthly and annual accounting requirements, maintenance of the intercompany reporting processes and daily bank reconciliation activities.
The Treasury Accountant is also responsible for delivering the weekly/monthly Treasury Report. The role will require compliance with the Group’s High-Level Principles for Treasury Operations.
This role is in Group Finance at a Band 7 level reporting to the Treasury Coordinator
Here’s an ideal role for someone looking to further develop their career in Treasury Middle or Back office.
As a Treasury Accountant you’ll play a pivotal role managing the daily accounting for all treasury activity including daily bank reconciliations and suspense account clearance.
In this role you will
- Prepare high quality monthly treasury accounting (including hedge accounting), with a focus on issued and repurchased Debt, FX derivatives, Interest Rate Swaps, Cross Currency Swaps and Credit/Debit valuation adjustments
- Manage the process to upload the Quantum journals into SAP such that this is accurate and performed on a timely basis to support the central finance reporting requirements
- Manage the process of keeping key financial and management reporting base data within the departments Treasury Management Systems
- Maintain a high level of accuracy and system integrity, escalating any foreseeable issues or opportunities for improvement to management where required
- Preparation of monthly management accounts and audit file supporting documentation
Skills and experience required
- Previous experience in a treasury environment would be advantageous but not essential
- Working accounting knowledge
- Familiarity with accounting for financial instruments would be an advantage
- Experience of Avantgard Quantum and Bloomberg Treasury systems would be an advantage
- Thorough, conscientious with strong attention to detail
- Performs financial recording in accordance with group accounting principles
- Proven analytical/computer skills
- Good communication skills: both written and verbal
- Able to meet tight deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Proficient with Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint (Think-Cell) and Word
- Graduate or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline, preferably commercial, numerical or scientific
- Holder of a recognised accounting qualification with relevant experience
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
Rewards & Benefits
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Amazing opportunities for learning and growth - from technical training to leadership programs, we bring out the best in people
- We’re a large, successful multinational company and there are plenty of opportunities to move onward and upwards too
How to apply
To apply for this role, please click the link below and complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
Closing Date: 14th July 2020