- 20 Carlton House Terrace, St. James's, London SW1Y 5AN, UK
Change is a fact of life for us. Can you help us manage the process?
The quality and long life of our mineral assets are the foundation of Anglo American's global business, so we are driving towards a more sustainable approach to mining.
Our innovation-led approach to sustainable mining – FutureSmart Mining TM – applies novel thinking and technological advances to address mining’s major challenges. We are using the latest technology and cutting-edge mining software – from spatial data visualisation to artificial intelligence – to lessen environmental impact, while also enhancing safety. Our high performing teams pursue and adopt ever safer and more responsible ways of working; constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies.
Here’s an exciting opportunity to join us.
End to end management of the COVID-19 site testing labs including the testing of virus/antigens of employees and referred local community members.
- End-to-end management of COVID-19 Site Lab
- Conduct virus/antigen testing of individuals
- analysis of collected samples
- Maintain laboratory inventory levels and if necessary, place orders for new supplies
- Prepare detailed reports about your test results and findings
- Document and review tested data
- Ensure all samples are prepped for examination
- Collaborate with pathologist and other medical specialists to determine correct diagnosis
- Maintain a safe and clean working environment by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
- Present test results to physicians, researchers or patients
- Relevant National diploma or degree
- Registered with a relevant professional institution or body
- Certificate to work as a Medical Technician
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Medical Technician
- Advanced knowledge of biology and health
- Proven experience working with various medical equipment and tools
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
*Please Note: This is a 6 Month Fixed Term Contract position.
Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programs, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfill their potential.