- 1 Edam Avenue, Waterval Extension 58, Rustenburg, North West, South Africa
Our Platinum business mines, processes and refines the entire range of platinum group metals (PGMs): platinum, palladium, rhodium, ruthenium, iridium and osmium.
We are the world’s leading primary producer of PGMs, which have a range of specialised applications that improve lives across the world – from vehicle fuel cells to jewellery; dentistry to glassmaking; pacemakers to petroleum refining.
Anglo American Platinum’s bursary and scholarship scheme is mainly designed to give young professionals an entry point into the company, the mining industry and the job market. The scheme includes:
The Anglo American Platinum scholarship, which is more flexible (open to any field of study), providing opportunities for learners in our host communities in order to enter the job market in the career of their choice - covering registration, tuition and textbook costs, medical cover and a computer allowance.
Applicants must meet the below requirements:
- Any field of study
- Current Grade 12, must submit Grade 11 results stamped by school (Submit provisional acceptance at Tertiary Institution)
- Must pass all subjects currently registered.
- Must be from 50km radius from our operations – proof from Chief (Stamped document)
Inclusion and Diversity
Anglo American is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are and provide equality of opportunity so that everyone can fulfil their potential.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form.
When applying for the bursary or scholarship programme, you will be required to ensure all the questions are answered and the relevant documentation is uploaded, including
- A certified ID document
- Grade 11 results that have been stamped by the school; or, if completed Grade 12, a certified copy of your Grade 12 certificate
- Latest transcripts and previous year’s results
- A comprehensive CV.
Closing date: 14 July 2020