- Grasstree Rd, Queensland, Australia
Capcoal Underground Operations is seeking an experienced Mining Engineer to join our high performing team.
You put safety first. That's why we want you.
Safe. Smart. Sustainable. Probably not the first words you typically associate with mining. But Anglo American is not your typical mining company.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others' actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
Metallurgical coal is an essential ingredient in blast-furnace steel manufacture, producing steel used for critical building and infrastructure around the world. In Australia, we operate two open cut and three underground metallurgical coal mines in Queensland’s Bowen Basin, every year producing millions of tonnes of the highest quality hard coking coal for this purpose.
What You’ll Be Doing:
Mining Engineer – Capcoal Underground Operations
As the Mining Engineer, you will coordinate mine planning activities and be accountable for delivery of Business Plan and Monthly Operating Plan mine planning inputs. You will also be accountable for compilation and facilitation of the Grasstree mine operations schedule. This will be achieved through stakeholder engagement, application of the Operational Management Systems (OMS) and Anglo American Operating Model (AAOM).
Other duties include, but are not limited to
- Deliver best practice mining engineering services and support to the mine, supporting Zero Harm by ensuring compliance with all safety systems and legislation.
- Plan and coordinate mine planning and production review meetings
- Monitor, analysis and reporting of mine performance and manage projects
- Contribute to the effective management of ventilation, gas, mine planning, and technical projects.
- Support designated process coordinators and interact effectively with the Operations team.
To be successful in this role you will have the following
- Degree qualified Mining Engineer (or equivalent)
- Minimum 5 years operating experience in UG coal mining
- A detailed understanding of the coal mining processes
- Working knowledge of relevant mining legislation and its application
- A high level of planning and problem-solving ability
- Well developed communication and collaboration skills
- Previous experience within underground mining operations (preferably coal)
- Previous experience with mine planning tools, such as XPAC, IntelliCAD, AutoCAD
What we offer
This is a Monday to Friday position, based in Middlemount, QLD. Choose from subsidised accommodation and relocation assistance.
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
Do you know someone who would fit this role? Employee referrals will be accepted for this job. Refer to your local Referral Guidelines for policy conditions and amounts.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
10 April 2020
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to closing date – applications may also close before this date.