Operations Scheduling Superintendent
- 201 Charlotte St, Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
Take the next step in your career and secure an opportunity with a global mining giant
- Rare City based 8/6 family friendly roster
- Career development & education assistance to further your ambition
- Opportunity to join a team of passionate & supportive industry leading experts where you can really drive your future career
- A competitive base salary reflective of your skills and experience
- Annual incentive program
- Domestic relocation assistance offered
A rare opportunity exists to join the Integrated Coal Chain Team within our MetCoal Marketing Business Unit based in the Brisbane Corporate Office. In this key role you will be accountable for the execution of the Integrated Coal ChainOperations Plan, including managing deviation to the plan within agreed business target ranges and or limits.
As a key part of the leadership team, this challenging and varied role will see you accountable for:
- Leading and contributing to the update and maintenance of the Operations Plan for the Integrated Coal Chain including regular updates to:
- Coal Washplant, stockyard and train loading plans
- Raw and Product Coal Inventory and Forecasts
- Vessel schedules and forecasts
- Rail schedules and forecasts
- Pre-berth Vessel coal quality
- Coal Terminal cargo handling instructions
- Managing week of operation (Live run) 3rd Party Rail, Port and Sampling and Analysis providers
- Working closely with Sales, Operations and key stakeholder and Logistics Provider teams to ensure the flow of updated information to all parties enables decision making to optimise the execution of the Operations Plan
In order to be considered for this position you’ll ideally come with:
- Significant experience in planning and scheduling activities for bulk commodity value chains
- Extensive background in a quantitative field
- Strong ability to manage time sensitive deliverables and value trade-offs of material business value.
- Knowledge of the Metallurgcal coal market, including technical coal specifications would be an advantage but not essential
- A zero-harm mindset and a passion for safely delivering requirements.
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
Join the Anglo team and apply now
Applications close 1st March 2020 - REF402Z
At Anglo American, we promote an inclusive and diverse environment where every colleague is valued and respected for who they are, and has the opportunity to fulfil their potential. We encourage all suitable applicants to apply for vacancies, including women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.