- 44 Main St, Marshalltown, Johannesburg, 2107, South Africa
You put safety first. That’s why we want you.
Safe. Smart. Sustainable. Probably not the first words you typically associate with mining. But Anglo American is not your typical mining company.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives", delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible – from mobile phones to medicines.
Safety first is a way of life for us. We are unconditional about the safety, health and well-being of our colleagues, at work and at home, and about that of the communities where we work. We aim to lead the industry by investing in innovation to protect people, who are at the heart of our business. Our high performing teams take accountability for their own and others' actions, work collaboratively, and always show care and respect.
Responsible for leading and managing the financial reporting activities of Anglo American Zimele entities to ensure accurate, valid and timeous financial reporting. Support to Zimele finance team to meet the governance, regulatory and statutory requirements.
*Note: This is a fixed term contract for 6 months.
- Approve and/or process monthly transactional entries in SAP (financial accounting module). Follow appropriate procedures to accurately, consistently and efficiently capture transactions or resolve queries.
- Process financial submissions on HFM (monthly, budgets and forecasts) and resolve queries related to the submissions.
- Ensure financial transactions and reporting is in line with Group, local statutory requirements and IFRS.
- Prepare supporting documentation and submit tax returns (VAT, annual and provisional returns, tax packs).
- Prepare Annual Financial Statements of the Anglo American Zimele entities to adhere to Zimele accounting policies and guidelines and where applicable with International Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Complete other regulatory required returns (e.g. NCR – form 39; XBRL file).
- Excellent working knowledge of SAP and HFM
- Experience in financial reporting for month end and period end close
- Experience of year end and other statutory reporting
- Experience in application of accounting principles and accounting standards (IFRS)
- Experience of performing key controls and working with adherence to financial procedures
- Knowledge of relevant legislation (VAT act; Income Tax act; Companies Act)
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (CA(SA))
- Relevant Finance Degree (Hons) with solid expeirnece
Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
What we offer
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programs, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – and we’re still growing all the time.
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Inclusion & Diversity
We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are. We provide equality of opportunity to enable everyone to fulfil their potential.