- 464 Goonyella Road, Moranbah, QLD, Australia
Metallurgical coal is an essential ingredient in blast-furnace steel manufacture, producing steel used for critical building and infrastructure around the world. In Australia, we operate two open cut and three underground metallurgical coal mines in Queensland’s Bowen Basin, every year producing millions of tonnes of the highest quality hard coking coal for this purpose.
As our Development Superintendent you will play a key role in helping us lead from the front safely all while getting those Development meters at our Grosvenor Mine.
You put safety first and Lead from the front, that’s why we want you.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the management and delivery of all aspects associated with the Development operations at the mine.
- Lead with your extensive Technical experience a team of Operational and Maintenance crew’s to reach optimal performance targets, safely
- You will work closely with the Maintenance and Engineering teams on improvements during overhauls of the development equipment to ensure availability and reliability is in line with the business requirements.
- Contractor management across your crews
- You will suggest and support continuous improvement initiatives
In order to be considered for this position:
- You will have extensive underground mining experience in the Development process
- 3rd or 2nd Class Certificate of Competence (Undermanager’s or Deputy Ticket) will be highly regarded
- Experience in a similar role and Supervisor qualifications (S1, S2, S3 and G2.)
Your proactive approach, demonstrated leadership ability and commitment to Zero Harm will be key to your success in the role.
This is a Monday-Friday position, based in Moranbah, QLD.
What we offer
As well as a very competitive salary package, for approved roles, Grosvenor offers subsidised residential and modern accommodation options.
Who we are
We aim to lead the industry by pursuing ever safer and more responsible ways of working, demonstrating integrity and showing care and respect for people and the planet. That means we are constantly seeking new opportunities to mine and process our products sustainably, using less water, less energy and more precise extraction technologies. As the custodians of coal and other precious natural resources – diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore and nickel – our extraordinary teams work safely and collaboratively, with the utmost consideration for local communities, our customers and the world at large.
Successful candidates will be required to complete background screening which may include a criminal check and validation of qualifications
How we are committed to your safety
Nothing is more important to us than ensuring you return home safely after a day’s work. To make that happen, we have the most rigorous safety standards in the industry. Not only that, we’re also continually investing in new technologies – from drones to data analytics – that are helping to make mining safer.
Do you know someone who would fit this role? Employee referrals will be accepted for this job. Refer to your local Referral Guidelines for policy conditions and amounts.
How to apply
To apply for this role, please complete our online application form. You will have the opportunity to upload your CV and other relevant documentation as part of this process.
30 January 2020
Please note, screening and interviews may take place prior to closing date – applications may also close before this date.
Anglo American Metallurgical Coal does not accept unsolicited applications from Recruitment Agencies.