Accounts Payable Administrator
- Charlotte St, Brisbane City QLD 4000, Australia
We are re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives
ANGLO AMERICAN’s METALLURGICAL COAL BUSINESS, BRISBANE, QLD
Anglo American is a leading global mining company and our products are the essential ingredients in almost every aspect of modern life. Our portfolio of world-class competitive mining operations and undeveloped resources provides the metals and minerals that enable a cleaner, more electrified world and that meet the fast-growing consumer-driven demands of the world’s developed and maturing economies. With our people at the heart of our business, we use innovative practices and the latest technologies to discover new resources and mine, process, move and market our products to our customers around the world – safely, responsibly and sustainably.
As a responsible miner – of diamonds (through De Beers), copper, platinum group metals, iron ore, coal and nickel – we are the custodians of what are precious natural resources. We work together with our business partners and diverse stakeholders to unlock the sustainable value that those resources represent for our shareholders, the communities and countries in which we operate, and for society as a whole. Anglo American is re-imagining mining to improve people’s lives.
At Anglo American, we promote an inclusive and diverse environment where every colleague is valued and respected for who they are and has the opportunity to fulfil their potential. We encourage all suitable applicants to apply for vacancies, including women and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
As Accounts Payable Administrator in our Global Shared Services organisation, you will provide support to our Australian Metallurgical Coal Business Unit.
This is a twelve month fixed term role.
Experience in the mining industry and a strong focus on accuracy, your responsibilities will include:
- Processing creditor invoices in an accurate and timely manner and with correct authorisation in accordance with company policy;
- Prepare and transmit weekly and monthly EFT payment runs;
- Prepare daily and weekly cash forecasts for your site;
- Reconcile monthly supplier statements;
- Ensure efficient and prompt attendance to suppliers’ queries;
- Maintain supplier vendor information.
- Meet tight deadlines
- Other ad hoc administrative and support tasks as directed from time to time.
The successful candidate will possess:
- SAP experience or similar experience working with a large integrated ERP system;
- Knowledge of warehousing and purchasing procedures in a mining or manufacturing environment would be highly desirable;
- Accounts payable experience in a high-volume environment;
- High level of computer literacy;
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of applications;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills;
- Ability to work unsupervised in a confidential and discreet manner;
- High accuracy and attention to detail;
- Excellent problem solving skills;
- Solid logic and mathematical skills;
- Ability to work in a large team environment;
- Ability to understand that the success of the team as a whole is a priority;
This is an opportunity to work for a multinational mining company as part of our Brisbane based team. A very competitive salary package is on offer for this position. This is a Monday to Friday position based in our Brisbane Corporate Office.