Human Resource Director
- 1700 Montgomery St, San Francisco, CA 94111, USA
- Department: Human Resources
Angion is a clinical stage biopharmaceutical company focused on acute kidney injury, a potentially life-threatening condition without therapeutic options. Our lead clinical asset, ANG-3777, is engineered to activate the HGF/c-MET pathway, an important mechanism in organ repair. Angion is developing ANG-3777 to meet the high unmet medical need of acute kidney injury resulting from kidney transplantation and from cardiac surgery. We are currently conducting Phase 2 and Phase 3 clinical trials with improvement in kidney function as an endpoint. Angion’s robust pipeline includes ANG-3070, an oral small molecule in development as a potential treatment for fibrosis and other severe organ damage. Learn more at www.angion.com.
Do you ever wish you joined a company early enough to create HR systems, tools, and policies rather than dealing with what the last person put in place? Are you comfortable in a position where you have ownership of what employees experience every day? If so, we would like to learn more about you.
We are a clinical-stage biotech company with locations in San Francisco, Boston, and NY and are looking for an Associate Dir./Dir. Human Resources Operations who will help design and implement programs, processes, and tools that will have an impact on the future direction of our business. The ideal candidate is someone who knows best practices of HR initiatives/programs including on-boarding, off-boarding, employee benefits, HR compliance, recognition, engagement as well as employment brand and culture in smaller nimble environments. We are looking for someone with a "get stuff done" (GSD) attitude and drive. This highly visible role will be the right-hand person to the VP of HR and will work as a trusted business partner to employees and managers at all levels of the organization.
- Oversee the HR Programs and Operations and the development and management of thoughtful, scalable, and compliant HR policies and processes that shape the employee lifecycle.
- Own the Total Rewards programs including guiding the compensation philosophy, administering salary surveys and setting policy.
- Maintains HR compliance with regards to new hire notifications, labor laws, policies & procedures, unemployment claims, leaves of absences and I-9 Administration and so on.
- Oversee the selection and implementation of HR Systems (HRIS) ensuring high-quality data, consistent definitions, and reporting and analytics and business insights.
- Serve as the liaison with benefits providers and broker to administer the benefits programs, including annual strategy and enrollment and invoice reconciliation ensuring programs are competitive, compliant and scalable. Partner with Finance to investigate and resolve discrepancies. Oversee on-going management of new hire benefits enrollments and life event changes.
- Partners with Talent Consultant to manage the hiring, enrollment and orientation process for newly hired employees
- Manage off-boarding processing logistics for terminations, including conducting exit interviews and administering COBRA.
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of regulations, laws and industry best practices to ensure compliance with all applicable international, federal, state, and local employment laws.
- Evaluate complex data/information to make recommendations that will assist the business in attracting, retaining, motivating and rewarding top performers.
- Partner with Finance and Legal to establish scalable processes as it relates to the G&A functions and ensuring that it both supports organizational strategy and adheres to compliance standards.
- Own our immigration policies and programs, in partnership with legal counsel and recruiting
- Partner with IT to create and oversee the technology roadmap across HR that will help provide simple, scalable, automated and seamless experience throughout the employee lifecycle
- In partnership with Head of HR, be responsible for culture sustenance and improvement; lead surveys to asses culture and create actionable plans that keep and improve cultural competitiveness and employee engagement as the organization evolves
- Develop and maintain nimble, durable, effective HR strategies, practices and systems.
- Continuously seek opportunities to optimize efficiency in HR processes and programs
- 8+ years’ experience in HR/People Operations, preferably in a start-up environment
- BA/BS degree required. Additional HR certifications (PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP) a plus
- Strong understanding of HR, Payroll, and Finance business processes, and how they impact HR systems.
- Proven track record of implementing and scaling people processes, operations and systems
- Advanced project management skills - ability to handle multiple projects at once and competing priorities. Organized, extremely detail oriented and execution focused a must!
- Advanced knowledge of HR compliance, employment laws, best practices and industry standards
- Comfort and familiarity with HRIS systems and tools
- A flexible leader who can operate at a strategic level but also perform operational/tactical responsibilities
- Impeccable judgement and a high level of professionalism when dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Superior communication skills and are comfortable talking to a wide range of people across all levels of the organization.
- Experience building relationships with employees, managers, and other peers.
- Proven ability to take initiative, think on your feet, and make thoughtful fast decisions.
At Angion, we believe a diverse workforce drives our success as a company. We are always working to create an environment where different backgrounds and viewpoints are valued and celebrated.
Angion is an equal opportunity employer. Angion makes employment decisions, including in recruitment and selection, without consideration of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or disability.
Angion acknowledges that providers may be a valuable resource for identifying and recruiting candidates for employment. However, we require that all recruiters engage directly with Angion’s Human Resources Team and comply with Angion’s requirements prior to transmitting any resumes/CVs or introducing any candidates to Angion. Angion’s Human Resource Team is the only function within the Company that can enter into contractual relationships with external recruiters and recruiting agencies. As such, all unsolicited resumes, CVs, anonymous profiles, or candidate information you may submit to employees of Angion will become property of Angion and Angion will have no obligation to pay you or anyone else for the use of such information, including any finder’s, placement, introduction or placement fee.