Systems Engineer (Senior)
- Sterling, VA, USA
Andworx is an innovative and agile company whose values are rooted in integrity, innovation, customer-focus, and community involvement. We specialize in blending management and IT consulting practices to transform the way organizations operate, and our services and solutions deliver results to government and healthcare customers. Andworx was founded in 2014 and is headquartered in Falls Church, VA.
We are an employee-focused company and offers exceptional benefits including 100% paid health insurance for employees, individual employee technical training budget, 401K matching, gym/internet reimbursement, and generous time off including a special day off on your birthday.
Learn more about Andworx at http://www.andworx.com/careers
Andworx is hiring for a senior level systems engineer with knowledge and background in Microsoft-based technologies. Candidate will be part of the Systems Engineering Team in support of a law enforcement component of the Department of Justice. Candidate will be responsible for designing, building, testing, implementing, and supporting enterprise IT solutions to meet functional, technical, operational, security, and performance requirements. Tasks may include development and analysis of requirements and use cases; identification of solutions to defined requirements; development and testing of technical solutions in a lab environment, implementation of approved solutions in the production environment; and development and maintenance of requirements, detailed design documents, implementation plans, test plans, system administrator guides, and other documentation as required. Candidate must possess excellent communication and writing skills as well as be an effective communicator within a team atmosphere.
Develop and test technical solutions in a systems engineering lab environment. Design, build, test, implement and support enterprise IT solutions to meet functional, technical, operational, security, and performance requirements.
- Implement approved solutions in the production environment.
- Identify solutions to meet defined requirements.
- Develop and analyze requirements and use cases.
- Develop and maintain requirements, detailed design documents, implementation plans, test plans, administrator guides and other documentation as required.
- Collaborate and effectively communicate with project team and stakeholders.
As systems engineer, you will be implementing a broad range of technologies into an enterprise environment. Experience in all or some of the following is preferred: Microsoft Windows Server configuration and administration, Microsoft Exchange configuration and administration, ability to build new physical and virtual servers, virtualization experience (VMware and Hyper-V), Networking, Application and network security, PowerShell Scripting and scripting skills, and technologies including: Active Directory, DHCP, DNS/DDNS, WINS, POP, SMTP, PPTP, L2TP, TCP/IP, VLAN, SNMP, RPC/HTTP, VPN, NAS, SAN. Technical certifications such as A+, Security +, MCSA, MCSE, or CCNA are preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in information systems.
- Broad systems engineering or integration experience with emphasis in system design and integration.
- Understanding of a variety of Microsoft products deployed in an enterprise environment.
- Some experience supporting complex enterprise environments is preferred.
- Experience in evaluating, analyzing and recommending IT solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Excellent communication and documentation skills, including ability to communicate and present ideas concisely to customer, technical staff, and management.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Systems Engineering, or Computer Science or related field.
- This position requires an active DoD Secret Clearance. Applicants selected will also be subject to a Public Trust background security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to sensitive information. US Citizenship is required.
Andworx is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Employment decisions are based solely on qualifications, merit and business need.