Sr Trademark Paralegal
- Washington, DC, USA
Seeking a Senior Trademark Paralegal with at least 15 years of trademark prosecution experience. This detail-oriented individual would be responsible for assisting attorneys with the management of foreign and domestic trademark portfolios. Candidates would be expected to handle several thousand marks and would have a billable hour requirement of 1536 hours.
Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain docket of prosecution deadlines;
- Assist with TTAB proceedings and trademark litigation, including drafting and filing of documents, maintaining pleadings files and docket, and related tasks
- Review office actions and summarize issues for attorneys;
- Prepare and file trademark applications, statements of use, extensions of time, amendments to allege use, Sections 8 & 15 declarations, and other filings;
- Draft communications with clients and foreign associates;
- Perform Trademark Searches and draft findings;
- Draft filing instructions for trademark applications;
- Maintain accurate charts of client prosecution matters; and
- Make preliminary evaluations regarding potential specimens showing use for submission.
- 15 years of trademark prosecution experience.
- Strong experience assisting attorneys with TTAB proceedings and trademark litigation and the management of foreign and domestic trademark portfolios:
- Excellent writing and communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced team environment required.
- Must have an excellent understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree.
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA qualified program preferred.
Salary range: $115k - $120k
This is a full-time position with great benefits.