Sr Trademark Paralegal
- Washington, DC, USA
Anchorage Consultants is an executive placement firm located right outside of Washington, DC. Our model is based on a dual approach of utilizing our vast personal networks and technological savvy to locate and place top flight professionals in the public and private sectors. We employ a results based methodology to find the right people for the right positions.
Seeking a Senior Paralegal to support the trademark practice group in the Downtown DC office. The Senior Paralegal would be responsible for assisting attorneys with the management of foreign and domestic trademark portfolios in addition to all aspects of USPTO TTAB proceedings (oppositions, cancellations) and civil actions.
Specific duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Maintain docket of prosecution deadlines;
- Assist with TTAB proceedings and trademark litigation, including drafting and
filing of documents, maintaining pleadings files and docket, and related tasks
- Review office actions and summarize issues for attorneys;
- Prepare and file trademark applications, statements of use, extensions of time, amendments to allege use, Sections 8 & 15 declarations, and other filings;
- Draft communications with clients and foreign associates
- Perform Trademark Searches and draft findings;
- Draft filing instructions for trademark applications;
- Maintain accurate charts of client’s prosecution matters;
- Make preliminary evaluations regarding potential specimens showing use for submission;
- 10-15 years of trademark prosecution experience.
- Strong experience assisting attorneys with TTAB proceedings and trademark litigation and the management of foreign and domestic trademark portfolios:
- Excellent writing and communication skills and ability to work in a fast-paced team environment required.
- Must have an excellent understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Requires a Bachelor's degree.
- Paralegal certificate from an ABA qualified program preferred.
Salary range based on experience.
This is a full-time position with great benefits.