Senior Applications Engineer
- Washington, DC, USA
Anchorage Consultants is an executive placement firm located right outside of Washington, DC. Our model is based on a dual approach of utilizing our vast personal networks and technological savvy to locate and place top flight professionals in the public and private sectors. We employ a results based methodology to find the right people for the right positions.
Under the direction of the Senior Manager of Enterprise Systems, the Senior Applications Engineer will be responsible for maintaining, updating, testing, and troubleshooting enterprise IP applications. Primary duties include but are not limited to:
- Work with the Intellectual Property business unit to ensure that applications work effectively and efficiently around the clock.
- Responsible for the design, development, enhancement, implementation, documentation, maintenance and support of designated COTS business-facing application systems
- Ensures technical documentation and deliverables are in accordance with Technology Services policies and procedures
- Assists with resolution of escalated incidents and participates in problem management activities
- Develops and maintains a productive working relationship with business owners and vendors
- Maintains awareness of technology developments and makes recommendations
- Participates in cross-functional team projects to implement new or updated technology
- 5-7 years of experience in a similar position supporting enterpise systems applications.
- Strong SQL skills (certifications preferred).
- A Bachelors degree in related field. Specialized training or equivalent work experience may be used in lieu of degree.
- Must be able to demonstrate their expertise in implementation, operations, and support for Windows based applications systems and other similar enterprise applications.
- Must have experience supporting a 24/7 production environment.
- Possess the ability to configure and troubleshoot Windows file servers, database servers, application servers and web servers.
- Ability to work effectively and independently in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressure;
- Ability to work with both users and technical staff in team-oriented environment.
- Strong communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills are needed to be successful.
Salary range: $120k