Sr. International Trade Paralegal
- Washington, DC, USA
Anchorage Consultants is an executive placement firm located right outside of Washington, DC. Our model is based on a dual approach of utilizing our vast personal networks and technological savvy to locate and place top flight professionals in the public and private sectors. We employ a results based methodology to find the right people for the right positions.
Responsible for monitoring filings of trade-related actions in the U.S. agencies and abroad; drafting and filing applications for access to business proprietary information and other documents pertaining to APOs and JPOs. In addition, will perform document review for Import, Export and FCPA investigations and monitor International Trade Commissions public dockets, as well as, US Trade Website, Federal Registration Notices, Federal Circuit and Slip Opinions. Additional duties will also include assisting attorneys with interviews of personnel for investigations, preparing and analyzing import/export data and communicating with clients regarding necessary documents and company information.
Candidates should be proficient in the following areas:
· Case and document Management.
· Prepare filings for the USDOC, USITC, and USCIT.
· Assist with electronic filings with USITC.
· Assist with preparations for hearings and meetings.
· Draft letters and applications.
· Perform legal and factual research with Lexis, DOC, ITC and the federal register.
- 5-7 years of experience and substantive customs knowledge as an International Trade Paralegal.
- Ability to speak and write Spanish preferred:
- Strong litigation experience, specifically filings with the Department of Commerce and anti-dumping countervailing experience litigation.
- Possess advance Excel skills in order to perform large classification, entry and Free Trade Agreement document reviews.
- Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university is required. A paralegal certificate is preferred.
Salary: Up to $110k depending on experience