US Patent Prosecution Specialist
- Washington, DC
Anchorage Consultants is an executive placement firm located right outside of Washington, DC. Our model is based on a dual approach of utilizing our vast personal networks and technological savvy to locate and place top flight professionals in the public and private sectors. We employ a results based methodology to find the right people for the right positions.
Seeking a top-notch US Patent Prosecution Specialist to add to growing IP Department. Reporting to the US Patent Prosecution Support Manager, this highly visible position manages complex patent prosecution support work and provides exemplary client service to Firm clients through close collaboration with Firm timekeepers.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
Assisting Firm timekeepers in accurately and thoroughly preparing, reviewing,
filing and reporting USPTO documents, including:
1) new US patent applications and corresponding formalities documents
2) requests for and correction to formalities documents
3) responses to formal PTO notices
4) IDS submissions
5) Notice of Allowance checklists
6) issue fee payments
7) status checks.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in patent prosecution and a broad understanding of patent policies and procedures.
- Excellent communication, customer service, interpersonal and organizational skills and demonstrate a high level of initiative and discretion.
- Ability to effectively work independently in addition to as part of a team and the ability to manage multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail in a professional fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of general accounting practices, including billing, is a plus.
- BS/BA degree is highly preferred.
- Strong computer skills including keyboarding, and a level of proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook and MS Word is required.
Salary: Up to $55k plus OT and full benefits package