- Washington, DC, USA
Anchorage Consultants is an executive placement firm located right outside of Washington, DC. Our model is based on a dual approach of utilizing our vast personal networks and technological savvy to locate and place top flight professionals in the public and private sectors. We employ a results based methodology to find the right people for the right positions.
Currently seeking a paralegal to support various practice areas in our Washington, DC office. Paralegals in the Washington, DC office have an opportunity to gain valuable and real-work legal experience by working closely with partners and associates on all aspects of litigation.
- Organizing documents and coordinating document productions in litigation;
- Obtaining documents and certificates from local or federal courts and state agencies;
- Preparing and filing all court documents;
- Conducting various document searches and research;
- Preparing witness and matter materials;
- Preparing for and attending depositions;
- Coordinating trial set-up and logistics;
- Preparing for and attending client meetings, and trials;
- Assisting attorneys during meetings with clients and during court proceedings, including by taking notes and handling exhibits;
- Acting as liaison among various internal departments as well as with outside vendors, such as translation services, document production vendors and trial graphics providers;
- Assisting in the preparation of marketing materials; and
- Other duties as assigned
Ideal candidates should meet the following qualifications:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience as a litigation paralegal:
- BA/BS degree with minimum 3.3 cumulative GPA:
- Outstanding organizational, administrative, and communication (oral and written) skills:
- Possess high attention to detail, a strong work ethic and is self-motivated:
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, efficiently multi-task and produce a high-end work product in a fast-paced environment:
- Ability and willingness to work overtime:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- An unedited writing sample:
- Access to your unofficial college transcript (if possible) :
Salary range: $58k - $65k depending on experience.
Eligible for overtime.
Benefits include healthcare, life and disability insurance, flexible spending accounts, a 401k and profit sharing plan, monthly transportation allowance, and more!