Senior Data Quality Engineer
- Lehi, UT, USA
When you join Ancestry, you join our family tree. Backed by history, science, and technology, we’re creating a new world of connection, innovation, and understanding. Whether it’s reuniting long-lost relatives through DNA or unearthing new family stories from historical records, Ancestry empowers life-changing experiences. With over 10 billion digitized historical records, 100 million family trees, and 14 million DNA kits sold, Ancestry is bringing the power of personal discovery to people around the world.
Ancestry is looking for a passionate Senior Data Quality Engineer to help maintain highly-accurate and quality data. You will design and implement interfaces, patterns, practices, and automated processes that ensure the efficient flow of accurate data from the systems of record to other systems. Working with engineering teams across all of Ancestry, you will mentor, coach, and build data quality processes for the enterprise. We are looking for someone passionate for Data Quality, has a deep understanding of data architecture, and a strong software development background.
What will you do:
- Create and guide others to create processes to accomplish the following:
- Design data delivery contracts and ensure that the data sources are registered with the data catalog.
- Put mechanisms in place to ensure that data integrity is maintained, and the data content and schema continue to adhere to the delivery contract.
- Verify that data consistently conforms to the governance policy for its security class by reviewing designs and code changes and writing tests that verify that policies are being followed.
- Implement patterns and automated processes that ensure that the data flow from systems are not interrupted due to unintended consequences of changes or component failure.
- Implement mechanisms that prevent accidental loss of data, data type, precision, or semantic meaning of data as it flows.
- Ensure that links formed by foreign key relationships across data sets are well known and exposed to appropriate auditing.
Who You Are:
- Experience in designing and implementing large scale web application, APIs and frameworks
- Expert with Big Data ecosystems, including Kafka and Kinesis
- Proficiency in database technologies MySQL (Aurora), MSSQL, Redshift or equivalent
- Experience with Test Driven Code Development, SCM tools such as GIT, SVN, Jenkins build and deployment automation.
- RESTful web service development
- Experience with Data Catalog and Data Quality Tools.
- Experience with HBase or comparable NoSQL.
- Strong grasp of algorithms and data structures
- Experience with Amazon AWS cloud services
Good to have:
- Experience with Kubernetes and Docker
- Expertise in building and deploying streaming spark solutions in AWS
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience working with Bioinformatics, genomics, arrays, DNA processing
Helping people discover their story is at the heart of ours. Ancestry is the largest provider of family history and personal DNA testing, harnessing a powerful combination of information, science and technology to help people discover their family history and stories that were never possible before. Ancestry’s suite of products includes: AncestryDNA, AncestryProGenealogists, Fold3, Newspapers.com, Find a Grave, Archives.com, and Rootsweb.
We offer excellent benefits and a competitive compensation package. For additional information, regarding our benefits and career information, please visit our website at http://ancestry.com/careers
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.